For the second time now, I have left the world of CrackBerry and went over to the Android side. Like many amongst us, I have been caught up in the glamour of open source, fast-speced devices and many free apps. But in the end, I eventually wound back to the BlackBerry. Why, some of you may ask.... Its a simple answer: instant messaging implementation. On the Android devices, their messaging, is at best said, horrible. Messages weren't getting through, email setup was atrocious, and in the end, all it was to me was a toy.

With BlackBerry when I need to respond to an important email, receive messages from customers/family/friends, respond and update my Facebook, I know it will be done, in that second. And yes we have all complained about how the BlackBerry is losing the smartphone market because of the iPhone and Android. Yes their devices are exciting initially, but in the end, it wears off quickly. When I use a device, I not only need it for personal uses, but especially business as well. And I need that device to do it quickly, and efficiently as possible.

In conclusion, as long as RIM keeps pushing out devices, I will be buying and using, because in the end, when I'm responding to texts, Facebook statuses and messages, BBMs, and of course that all important e-mail from the National Office in Washington D.C. when I move up the governmental career ladder, I'm not grabbing no stinkin' Android, I'm using Blackberry. BlackBerry truly does.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by phoneking13; 08-24-10 at 11:05 PM.
    08-24-10 01:06 AM
    Our BlackBerry,
    who art from Waterloo,
    hallowed be thy name.
    thy message done;
    thy reply has come,
    to complete our communication.
    Give us this day our daily BBM,
    And forgive us our switches,
    as we forgive thee that switches against us.
    And lead us not into temptation;
    but deliver us from evil.
    For thine is the device,
    the power, and the glory,
    for ever and ever.
    Amen.
    Last edited by grahamf; 08-24-10 at 08:13 PM.
    08-24-10 01:53 AM
    Yeah, what he said....

08-24-10 04:08 AM
    LOL!!! So true!
    Amen, brothers!

By the way, though I was tempted and had a short dalliance (29 das of it) I never left my trusty Blackberry!

I know what I want, need and like. And it always comes on a device that has that funny little cluster of dots.

08-24-10 04:31 AM
    Amen! Sing it out brothers and sisters . . .
    08-24-10 05:42 AM
    i really loved your post! i have many friends who have android devices and i had tried theirs but like you i feel the same way. I love blackberry with reboot and all as long as it continues to do the spectacular job it always does! plus it makes for a wonderful phone
    08-24-10 06:27 AM
    Thank you, Jezreel. . Long live the BlackBerry!!!

08-24-10 09:30 AM
    well....we'll torture u a bit....then forgive u
    08-24-10 09:36 AM
    I guess we can accept you back
    08-24-10 01:57 PM
    You've recognized the error of your ways ... Now go and sin no more.
    08-24-10 02:03 PM
    You are forgiven my son, now dont ever do it again.
    08-24-10 02:32 PM
    I will never, NEVER, go back to that jezabel Android!

08-24-10 04:37 PM
    I too have found that the android is nothing more than a toy. Both me and my husband got the Eris and after 4 months HATE it. It's nothing more than a fancy toy. The messaging, camera (no flash), taking forever to call someone, etc....I truly regret wasting my renew for them but will have my Storm and he will have his Curve back tomorrow. Please forgive us, Blackberry Gods....
    08-24-10 04:42 PM
    Are you just slow when it comes to email setup? It's not very hard.
    08-24-10 04:43 PM
    that was very amusing and cute. there are creative writers in here and thanks for the laugh. I don't care about Andriod devices and what they can do. I prefer the BB platform and it is used mainly for personal use. It saved me when my laptop was acting up and had to be repaired which they couldn't do and sent me a new one. During the two months that were stressing because I didn't have use of my laptop I knew I could depend on my BB for banking and my emailing, also my messaging as well as my phone calls. It is my only device. I don't play games, never have been interested in them except for a game I will play on my laptop. it isn't a reason for me to jump ship to Android. I like the shape and design of BB. I am not a touchscreen user. I prefer the qwerty and the Bold 9650 is everything I like. I have had numerous devices and this one really is the flagship device. The 5.0 is good but I know the 6.0 OS will be great. I am glad it is being tested on the Torch and hope all the bugs are taken care of . I just hope Verizon releases it when they feel it is perfect for us to have it. The issues I had with the 5.0 on the Tour were horrible. So Verizon, my request to you is make sure the 6.0 is as smooth as silk before you give it to us. I don't want issues with my nearly perfect Bold
    08-24-10 04:45 PM
    All the things I want to say sound blasphemous when you type them...
    08-24-10 08:18 PM
    All the things I want to say sound blasphemous when you type them...
    LOL. I found that too.
    08-24-10 08:36 PM
    that was very amusing and cute. there are creative writers in here and thanks for the laugh. I don't care about Andriod devices and what they can do. I prefer the BB platform and it is used mainly for personal use. It saved me when my laptop was acting up and had to be repaired which they couldn't do and sent me a new one. During the two months that were stressing because I didn't have use of my laptop I knew I could depend on my BB for banking and my emailing, also my messaging as well as my phone calls. It is my only device. I don't play games, never have been interested in them except for a game I will play on my laptop. it isn't a reason for me to jump ship to Android. I like the shape and design of BB. I am not a touchscreen user. I prefer the qwerty and the Bold 9650 is everything I like. I have had numerous devices and this one really is the flagship device. The 5.0 is good but I know the 6.0 OS will be great. I am glad it is being tested on the Torch and hope all the bugs are taken care of . I just hope Verizon releases it when they feel it is perfect for us to have it. The issues I had with the 5.0 on the Tour were horrible. So Verizon, my request to you is make sure the 6.0 is as smooth as silk before you give it to us. I don't want issues with my nearly perfect Bold
    Now I know you're not going to say that there are issues with the 9650 lmao...
    08-24-10 11:03 PM
    We welcome you back, please don't do it again.
    08-24-10 11:36 PM
    The Battle Hymn of the RIMpublic.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the glowing of the Bold.
    My battery's a-churning when their screens are dark and cold.
    They say that we're just obsolete and our stock it should be sold!
    But BlackBerrys' clicking ON!

Glory, Glory it's an excellent way to type!
    Ever boring we find Google's trolling hype.
    Why should we put up with Steve Jobs' ego tripe?
    Our E-mail's pushing on!

We've seen them come invade these threads with raves and vicious rants.
    They've assaulted us with Claims of lust and many vicious chants.
    But when it comes to messaging, they've loaded up their pants!
    Our Keyboards clicking ON!

Glory! Glory! They get so doggone vicious mean!
    Perhaps it's just a side effect from tapping on a screen!

Last edited by BergerKing; 08-27-10 at 10:54 AM.
    08-25-10 12:01 AM
    *Waiting for the Android trolls to appear*
    08-25-10 12:11 AM
    *Waiting for the Android trolls to appear*
    Probably got lost in the App void Jungle.

08-25-10 12:39 AM
    To the OP, glad you found what works for you. Please excuse our opportunity to have a lil' fun in your thread. There has been a plethora of hype, for certain, and there are. Those easily wowed by their ultimate electronic wet dream 2.2 or whatever, but there are plenty of folks who go back to what gets it done.

ONe doesn't have to achieve perfection to be the best at something.

08-25-10 07:20 AM
    To the OP, glad you found what works for you. Please excuse our opportunity to have a lil' fun in your thread. There has been a plethora of hype, for certain, and there are. Those easily wowed by their ultimate electronic wet dream 2.2 or whatever, but there are plenty of folks who go back to what gets it done.

ONe doesn't have to achieve perfection to be the best at something.

That's fine at all. I enjoy being back on my Blackberry and rejoining my Crackberry brethren.....
    08-25-10 08:12 PM
    I was on the fence on what phone I should get at the end of my contract...and this thread single-handedly made up my mind to go with BB.

Thanks!
    08-26-10 02:00 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD