The last few weeks have been an amazing dump of great leaks, updates and hacks for the BB10 platform. And there are a few unsung heroes that have been leading the charge, helping all of us on this forum... Beyond the guys and gals at CB, there are some users that have contributed significantly!

Specifically: lbfe, Kris Simundson, and xsacha! There are definitely others, but for me, these guys (or gals?) stand out.

A HUGE, heartfelt thank you for all of your work, and for sharing with everyone on this forum... And for taking the time to respond to every little question, or request. EG. I now have TeamViewer working on my phone so if I'm away from a desktop, I can use my Z10 to fix family/friends issues on their computers. That's a big thing for me, and I so appreciate it! Thank you.

So here's the thing... How do we thank you for your work so far, and how do we encourage you to continue? I assume you'll continue helping anyway, but it would be nice for me (and many others I'm quite sure) to say thanks.

This is a great little community, and I think we should reward those amongst us that go above and beyond!

Anyone else?
    06-13-13 06:46 PM
    +1!
    I don't load leaks or anything but I love that these guys are advancing the blackberry community and love reading all the crazy stuff you guys do with your phones! Haha.
    Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to load a leaked Os or a side loaded app. And if I am I'm sure it will be thanks to the three mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-13-13 07:00 PM
    +1!
    I don't load leaks or anything but I love that these guys are advancing the blackberry community and love reading all the crazy stuff you guys do with your phones! Haha.
    Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to load a leaked Os or a side loaded app. And if I am I'm sure it will be thanks to the three mentioned above.

Posted via CB10
    Heh. Yeah, it's also good for people that don't load the leaks just so that they see what's coming!
    maddie1128 likes this.
    06-13-13 07:08 PM
    The last few weeks have been an amazing dump of great leaks, updates and hacks for the BB10 platform. And there are a few unsung heroes that have been leading the charge, helping all of us on this forum... Beyond the guys and gals at CB, there are some users that have contributed significantly!

Specifically: lbfe, Kris Simundson, and xsacha! There are definitely others, but for me, these guys (or gals?) stand out.

A HUGE, heartfelt thank you for all of your work, and for sharing with everyone on this forum... And for taking the time to respond to every little question, or request. EG. I now have TeamViewer working on my phone so if I'm away from a desktop, I can use my Z10 to fix family/friends issues on their computers. That's a big thing for me, and I so appreciate it! Thank you.

So here's the thing... How do we thank you for your work so far, and how do we encourage you to continue? I assume you'll continue helping anyway, but it would be nice for me (and many others I'm quite sure) to say thanks.

This is a great little community, and I think we should reward those amongst us that go above and beyond!

Anyone else?
    I couldn't agree more on your statements. I am in for providing a great "Thank you" item for them. We could probably pool funds to get them a nice weekend in Vegas or something similar. I gather that Kris is in Canada, but I think he would like coming to the US and stay at the Wynn for the weekend along with the rest of the "Blackberry 10 Brew Crew." Keep me posted or PM me if needed.

Thank you guys! Keep up the good work.
    06-13-13 07:28 PM
    I couldn't agree more on your statements. I am in for providing a great "Thank you" item for them. We could probably pool funds to get them a nice weekend in Vegas or something similar. I gather that Kris is in Canada, but I think he would like coming to the US and stay at the Wynn for the weekend along with the rest of the "Blackberry 10 Brew Crew." Keep me posted or PM me if needed.

Thank you guys! Keep up the good work.
    I'm totally for donating to thank these guys! They've done so much to help the rest of us, it kinda bugs me that I can't reciprocate!

If this thread goes nowhere, hopefully someone else can pick it up and make it go viral. Just love to do something to thank them for all their hard work!
    06-13-13 07:40 PM
    Anyone reading this thread that has a brainstorm about how to thank them, please create a thread that will get traction...

I'm serious about this. We spend so much time on this forum being negative, I'd love to see a trending thread thanking some of our fellow members for their hard work and contributions.
    06-13-13 07:44 PM
    Dead thread. I guess I should have been more negative on the title, and then maybe it would have gained traction...

Like: BLACKBERRY IS ****

and then make a post...
    06-13-13 08:15 PM
    I haven't loaded a leaked OS, haven't jail broken my PlayBook, not a developer. Most I've done is sideload a few apps.

That said, I'm glad we have community members that bring the newest of the new, the glimpses of the future. It gives editors article fuel, gives the forums something to buzz about and explore, and, most importantly keeps things exciting!!!
    06-13-13 08:23 PM
    Dead thread. I guess I should have been more negative on the title, and then maybe it would have gained traction...

Like: BLACKBERRY IS ****

and then make a post...
    LOL! maybe the people who would normally be attracted by these names are too busy trying to get a ton of Android apps to work on their devices today (ironically). The leak threads have been HOT with activity today after xsacha's tutorial was released.
    When I'm not spending time looking after my kids or my wife, I've found that I've been totally engaged in this community the last few months.
    It's entertaining, it's exciting, it's involving. It's a learning experience (I suppose it must have been like this for some people discovering Android in its early days).
    BB10 has been LOADs of fun to work with, and following its evolution has been a TON of fun.
    BB10 ROCKS!

I'd like to thank all of these gentlemen AGAIN for helping to fuel this mass excitement.
    You mentioned lbfe, Kris, and xsacha, but Scrid2000 plays a role here too.
    Thanks guys!!!
    06-13-13 08:31 PM
    I think it's a little early to call this a dead thread. All the people greatly helped by Kristen, lbfe, and xsacha are busily updating to 10.2 or figuring out how to load 10.2 filed onto their latest 10.1 stable leaked hybrid etc.

All of this of course made possible by the gentlemen or ladies in question.

Seriously, though, if everyone who loaded a leak or an extracted file or whatever donated a dollar or two, these guys would have a hell of a gift.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 08:32 PM
    I think it's a little early to call this a dead thread. All the people greatly helped by Kristen, lbfe, and xsacha are busily updating to 10.2 or figuring out how to load 10.2 filed onto their latest 10.1 stable leaked hybrid etc.

All of this of course made possible by the gentlemen or ladies in question.

Seriously, though, if everyone who loaded a leak or an extracted file or whatever donated a dollar or two, these guys would have a hell of a gift.

Posted via CB10
    I'd love it if everyone who benefited from the HELP they received would take the time to post their thoughts on how to say thank you.

Not holding my breath though. It seems you have to **** people off in order to get a response. Too bad, because they deserve to be recognized for all their help.

Hopefully someone else can come up with a more provocative thread title that will alert more people!
    06-13-13 08:39 PM
    I'd love it if everyone who benefited from the HELP they received would take the time to post their thoughts on how to say thank you.

Not holding my breath though. It seems you have to **** people off in order to get a response. Too bad, because they deserve to be recognized for all their help.

Hopefully someone else can come up with a more provocative thread title that will alert more people!
    I don't think you need to worry much. The key words are the names themselves. The people who you want to reach KNOW those names. I just think they're a little busy using their Z's and Q's as guinea pigs right now! Take a look in the leaks thread or in "Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10".. You'll see some heavy activity in there!
    06-13-13 08:45 PM
    I don't think you need to worry much. The key words are the names themselves. The people who you want to reach KNOW those names. I just think they're a little busy using their Z's and Q's as guinea pigs right now! Take a look in the leaks thread or in "Tutorial: Run ANY Android 2.3.3 app on Blackberry10".. You'll see some heavy activity in there!
    Thanks! Just thought it would be nice if we could repay their help!
    06-13-13 08:54 PM
    I'm in for whatever you decide.
    06-13-13 10:25 PM
    Maybe Bla1ze will pick this thread up later when he goes into night shift mode. He might know how to handle this so it's less awkward.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:53 PM
    I would totally donate!
    06-13-13 10:58 PM
    #respect

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:37 AM
    I have never loaded a leak but read all the threads about it. Besides the OS leaks, the last day or two these guys and a few others seem to have been working non stop on the android apps converter or whatever it is called. I'm not the most techy literate but I can tell that a lot of work has been done and because of it, our bb10 phones have just become even more awesome then it was before. Even though I have never loaded a leak or anything besides side loading 2 android versions of netflix and instagram ( which I thought was so cool once I learned how easy it it to load) i would definitely contribute some $$$ to thank those that have put in all this hard work like Kris, Life and Xsacha and anyone else that will be added to the list of helpers. I would like to say thank you to you guys for what you do. I an a loyal BlackBerry user and I'm loving what i see going on in out community here on crackberry. I think I will take the time this weekend and try to go through the steps of getting to use any android app that is 2.3.3 until my phone gets the 10.2 with jellybean 4.2.2. Anyways, thanks again and sorry for the few that don't say thanks or the haters on here that think they are so cool. #bb10keepsgettingbetter

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-14-13 12:54 AM
    If you want to thank me, you could always donate to me

I think Kris and Lbfe are a bit richer than me. I'm just a student with no money :P

EDIT: You can find a donation link in is program.
    Last edited by pkcable; 06-19-13 at 09:29 AM. Reason: removed donation link
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-13 12:57 AM
    Kris and lbfe have already stated that any appreciative CB members can send donations to charity on their behalf, though I think xsacha said that he'd be willing to take monetary donations.

If you want another suggestion, whole staying true to the wishes of these three outstanding members, I recommend asking them to decide amongst themselves what their favorite charity is (likely one with worldwide reach since they're not in the same place), and then we can set up a CB fund in their names where members can send their donations on an ongoing basis.

I don't think you'll get many other suggestions from The Big 3 themselves but hope other members chime in with their input.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    MiSsY_ likes this.
    06-14-13 01:01 AM
    I think that's a great idea. If we know what their favourite charity is, we'll just donate to that.

But a litte off-topic: suppose we, as a community, want to send somebody a gift basket (or something) as a token of appreciation. Is there any kind of online service that you can use? Like a register, but where you can all chip in with small donations and see when the amount has been reached?
    You would need somebody to start the action, and create awareness, but the rest of the process would be automatic.

If it exists, lets use it!

If it doesn't: somebody should build it (and recognize me!). Seriously, tons of online communities are benefiting from the feedback and posts from, mostly, a small outstanding group within that community. I'll bet that a lot of people that were helped out by these good people would love an easy, convenient way to say thanks, other than to 'like' them, without going overboard....
    00stryder likes this.
    06-14-13 01:48 AM
    and btw: I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, to see where to chip in.
    06-14-13 01:49 AM
    Watch kris's 10.2 video on YouTube. He added monetization (however you spell it) to his video.

Lbfe I'm unsure aside from the charity
    And xsacha had a PayPal!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:41 AM
    If you want to thank me, you could always donate to me
    https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_AU/...onateCC_LG.gif

I think Kris and Lbfe are a bit richer than me. I'm just a student with no money :P
    Thanks, will donate tonight. Just noticed the link in your .sig, lol. I'm not the brightest bulb sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:38 AM

Anyone else?
    Yes thank you all! Making me love this Z10, live tinkering with electronics, you guys are supporting a habit

Z10 all day
    06-14-13 07:41 AM
44 12