I know there are separate posts on this subject on connection consistency problems but I can't seem to get an answer to a fundamental question. Is the problem hardware or software related? Since turning off WiFi improves the connection consistency significantly what does that imply? I want to return my Torch of this is a hardware issue.
    09-13-10 04:48 PM
    I know there are separate posts on this subject on connection consistency problems but I can't seem to get an answer to a fundamental question. Is the problem hardware or software related? Since turning off WiFi improves the connection consistency significantly what does that imply? I want to return my Torch of this is a hardware issue.
    What problem are you having? I have Sync in my truck and don't have any issues connecting via Bluetooth with or without Wi-Fi on.

Have you updated your Sync software?
    09-13-10 05:05 PM
    What problem are you having? I have Sync in my truck and don't have any issues connecting via Bluetooth with or without Wi-Fi on.

Have you updated your Sync software?
    Audio cuts in and out. Gets much better with WiFi off. Search for Ford Sync and Bluetooth for other posts on the subject.
    09-13-10 06:26 PM
    It's too soon to tell if it's hardware of software. There is another leaked OS update out and I'll probably test it out this weekend to see if it helps.

All I can say is if you can wait they will eventually get it fixed.
    09-14-10 12:11 AM
    It's not a Sync problem, it's a bluetooth/WiFi problem. I don't have Ford sync, but I am on a lot of long conference calls using a bluetooth headset (Jabra). With WiFi on, the audio cuts out every 10-15 minutes for a few (5-10) seconds at a time. Long enough to miss parts of the call. Also, in my car (Jag), when WiFi's on, I lose my bluetooth connection every five minutes or so and have to redock the phone. All these problems go away with WiFi turned off.

The answer will have to come from RIM not from Ford. It's not a Ford specific issue.
    09-14-10 10:25 AM
    OK I went to the ATT store today and asked them if I could test their store unit in my Ford with SYNC. They did and I had the same issues with connection breakup. As an FYI I used both a BB 9700 and 9000 in this same vehicle with no Bluetooth issues. And yes my SYNC software is up to date.

So bottom line the torch hardware/software has a bluetooth streaming problem and according to ATT I have a 1 year warranty on hardware if it isn't solved. We will see!!!!!!!!!!
    09-16-10 07:23 PM
    It's too soon to tell if it's hardware of software. There is another leaked OS update out and I'll probably test it out this weekend to see if it helps.

All I can say is if you can wait they will eventually get it fixed.
    Any Bluetooth improvement with this leaked OS
    09-16-10 07:24 PM
    Glenn and I both updated to .214 and that didn't fix the problem. I've not tried the newest version yet. I just leave wifi off if/when I want to stream BT audio to my car. Or I just put the songs I want on a thumb drive instead of on my phone
    09-16-10 07:46 PM
    Not having any problems with my Torch on .141 with Ford Sync in my Fusion. Streams Audio smoothly. Even the steering wheel controls for pause, volume, and skip forward work fine.
    09-16-10 10:15 PM
    radi0chik, go get .225 and give it a shot.

More testing is needed but I think this one did it. I played an entire song via bluetooth audio and didn't notice any skipping. This was only a 4 min test and sitting in my driveway so I'll keep an eye on it and report results as I go.

UPDATE:
    Well after a road trip I've discovered that the prob is still there. As long as I'm in my driveway the WiFi is not an issue. Soon as I pull out though the problems come back. Looks like its skipping the audio while the WiFi chip is looking for a signal.

Guess it's back to the drawing board.
    Last edited by GlennTX; 09-19-10 at 07:52 PM.
    09-18-10 11:59 AM
    radi0chik, go get .225 and give it a shot.

More testing is needed but I think this one did it. I played an entire song via bluetooth audio and didn't notice any skipping. This was only a 4 min test and sitting in my driveway so I'll keep an eye on it and report results as I go.

UPDATE:
    Well after a road trip I've discovered that the prob is still there. As long as I'm in my driveway the WiFi is not an issue. Soon as I pull out though the problems come back. Looks like its skipping the audio while the WiFi chip is looking for a signal.

Guess it's back to the drawing board.
    I am having the same issue with a 2011 F350 with sync. I have tried everything as well. My 9700 worked just fine.
    10-05-10 10:47 AM
    I tested .246 this weekend. Still the same
    10-05-10 11:04 AM
    Townzy turn off your wifi on your torch. That'll fix it. Obviously it's not THE solution, but if you're going to stream for a long period of time, it'll help. Otherwise, get a thumb drive and copy your songs from your torch to your thumb drive and play them off that

One other thing of interest: It seems like mine doesn't stutter unless it sees/hears wifi (does it actively search?) I went on a roadtrip last weekend and had no problems while on the freeway in the middle of nowhere. When I came into town and near lots of buildings (and, presumably wifi) it started stuttering again.
    10-05-10 11:05 AM
    I have the Style. Getting the same connectivity problems with an old Jawbone1 and Blue Parrot 250. It has NOTHING to do with wifi. Have the latest software (1609) upgrade with no fix. I am just about finished with this unit and blackberry period. Am taking it in per Sprint tech support instructions but I already know it is a design flaw of some sort and they will swap for another phone with the same problem. Must follow the routine to get them to give me another brand of phone eventually.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-11 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD