I just got a ford escape with the sync system. When pairing my blackberry curve 8520 (on the Rogers network) everything works fine with the bluetooth including downloading phonebook. However, when I try calling out, I say the person's name, it dials, but the call ends within 2 seconds of dialing. I deleted the device from the sync and the sync from my phone and tried repairing and still had the same issue. I'm not having an issue when people call me, I can answer the calls, talk and end them all with the sync system. I then figured out that if I want to call out using the sync system, I have to first dial from my phone and then select an option on the menu saying "activate sync" just below "activate speakerphone". I'm wondering if there is a setting I have to change or something I have to switch on or off because there's no point to handsfree if I have to press a button to make a successful call. Any help would be appreciated.
    08-25-11 08:55 AM
    when you first pair your phone with synch, there is a little tick box on phone confirmation that says something along the lines of dont ask again...make sure that is ticked when you accept pairing...loving synch with my bb...especially the bluetooth streaming of music off my bb..which i hope the new bb music service will support..anyhow, give this a whirl
    08-25-11 09:21 AM
    awesome feature!
    08-25-11 09:48 AM
    Have you tried calling without saying the persons name? Have you also tried calibrating your voice with the system.

Are you able to use your voice with the rest of the SYNC system like getting directions changing music stations etc.

It is a great feature but A LOT can be improved on it. Some parts of the system are just useless like getting directions to a town. Sometimes SYNC doesn't recognize a town when it most certainly is a town and I just can't for the life of me figure out how to have the system just give me a simple direction to the center of a town.

Seems odd but when I get in the car later I will see what happens. I do not normally call using my voice but when I have I haven't had a problem. Now downloading my address book that is another story.
    08-25-11 11:51 AM
    I have turned the bluetooth on and checked the box so that it is automatically connected when I get into the car.

The sync system recognizes my voice for everything, including when I say a name such as "call mom" and when I dial a number. They all work, it just ends before it even dials. It does work if I dial from my phone, and then go through the menu and click activate but it beats the point of "hands-free"

I looked online and the chart says that sync hasn't "tested" my phone in Canada, so maybe there's no system support yet. I was just seeing if there was an upgrade or fix of some sort I could try. I tried going to Best Buy, who are supposed to be licensed and certified to deal with sync specifically, but every Best Buy I try no one is trained yet :S
    08-26-11 02:43 PM
    I have a ford built in canada, no issues. Ask your dealer to upgrade the Synch software version perhaps...helpd me on other issues i was having.
    09-07-11 05:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD