Back to the warehouse to figure out why RIM can't get rid of those 800k PlayBooks. If they don't sell well, I would think there would be no use for a PlayBook rep anymore...
    With that logic RIM would have got rid of their CEOs by now, too.
    09-27-11 03:03 PM
    If the Rumors are true about Icahn they may be doing just that!

RIM shares jump on Icahn stake talk | Reuters
    09-27-11 03:17 PM
    This whole thread is a fail
    09-27-11 04:09 PM
    Actually, no.

RIM is still making profit. The PlayBook is not. Big difference.
    09-27-11 07:42 PM
    Actually, no.

RIM is still making profit. The PlayBook is not. Big difference.
    I mentioned nothing about profit.
    09-27-11 07:56 PM
    I mentioned nothing about profit.
    Then what is your point? My logic suggest that if a product isn't selling well, the rep will not have a job in the future. RIM devices in general are selling well, the co-CEOs still have their job.

I am talking about a specific product line representative. You are talking about co-CEOs that represent an entire company.

PlayBook failure (and I'm not saying it's a failure, just an example) doesn't mean off with the co-CEOs heads. Many tech companies had failed product lines (like Apple, Microsoft and Google), and the CEOs were not fired.
    09-27-11 09:29 PM
    Then what is your point? My logic suggest that if a product isn't selling well, the rep will not have a job in the future. RIM devices in general are selling well, the co-CEOs still have their job.

I am talking about a specific product line representative. You are talking about co-CEOs that represent an entire company.

PlayBook failure (and I'm not saying it's a failure, just an example) doesn't mean off with the co-CEOs heads. Many tech companies had failed product lines (like Apple, Microsoft and Google), and the CEOs were not fired.
    My point was more sarcasm than it was a direct tie-in to your original post. While the PlayBook isn't doing well -- like you said -- they should probably relieve revenue-reducing limbs that are associated with the PlayBook -- also like you said -- like the supposed representative. That was your point. My point, which was more poking fun, was that RIM isn't where it once was in the mobile market; sure they're staying afloat, but at one point they were innovating and making tons of money and they no longer are filling those shoes and because of that, the co-CEO's should be relieved of their duty to make room for someone who can revive RIM to its former glory.
    09-27-11 10:38 PM
    My point was more sarcasm than it was a direct tie-in to your original post. While the PlayBook isn't doing well -- like you said -- they should probably relieve revenue-reducing limbs that are associated with the PlayBook -- also like you said -- like the supposed representative. That was your point. My point, which was more poking fun, was that RIM isn't where it once was in the mobile market; sure they're staying afloat, but at one point they were innovating and making tons of money and they no longer are filling those shoes and because of that, the co-CEO's should be relieved of their duty to make room for someone who can revive RIM to its former glory.
    Ah alright. I do agree with that. I think RIM needs new leadership. A younger more in-touch mind with the consumer market.
    09-28-11 12:55 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD