On my new housing, the inside of the LCD lens has some fogging, or discoloration or something. It can only be seen when the screen is off, but it is annoying none the less. Im taking off the front again tonight, to aply my new BSE to cover the gap at the top of my screen, so while its off i would like to remove the fog. Ive tried rubbing alcohol, and that didn't seem to do much. So does anyone have any suggestions to get rid of the fog?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 01:59 PM
    Come on guys, can anyone help me? Its really driving me crazy.

05-13-09 04:24 PM
    Ok, so when my dad had to have his lens replaced because he completely scratched it up, they used rubbing alchol on it and that was actually the culprit of the fogging.

05-13-09 05:12 PM
    I would also stay away from alcohol or any other cleaning solutions that contain ANY alcohol.

I used this for my hockey visor and it seemed to work just fine.

Oakley AFR Visor Cleaning Solution
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 05-13-09 at 05:57 PM.
    05-13-09 05:52 PM
    Wow, it sucks to know that the person who did the housing tutorial recommended rubbing alcohol. Maybe my Novus polish will take it off. And is windex bad to use on plastic? And also, i was to dumb to even try plain water. Ill have to try that.

05-13-09 06:10 PM
    I would use water over Windex.
    05-13-09 06:15 PM
    Yep, i thought the same thing. The less ingredients and oils the better. I wish that things worked the way i planned. But nothing ever does for me.

05-13-09 06:18 PM
    This little bump in the road will only make you better at what you're doing now, trust me...
    05-13-09 06:20 PM
    Yep, i thought the same thing. The less ingredients and oils the better. I wish that things worked the way i planned. But nothing ever does for me.

Trust me when I say NOTHING ever works as planned.

People say it's good because it makes life interesting... I guess. I'm with you, though, sometimes I just want things to work correctly. But a good operator doesn't blame the instruments he/she uses. So if things don't go to plan, I blame myself.
    05-13-09 06:27 PM
    Unfortunately, nothing could reverse the effects of the alcohol. So anyways, how long did IS healing take for you? Cause I'm going on 3 days and its still not perfect.
    05-13-09 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD