Ok I got rid of my Motorola Q and made the switch to the Curve 8330. I have excel docs and word docs that need to have on my curve but dont know how to transfer them from pc to handheld, nor do I know where to find them on the curve, (location). At this time I dont need to edit or creat these types of docs just need to have already created documents available to me on my Curve.
    Can someone point me in the right direction please?
    05-20-08 08:43 AM
    Well you could email them to yourself and then save the email
    05-20-08 08:45 AM
    The first thing you want to do is install a SD micro card.

When you insert the card, it will format and become available as an external drive from Windows.

You will see the default directory structure, pictures, videos, ringtones and music. Use the Windows file manger to create a new directory and copy your files.

Viewing them a bit of a challenge, but that should improve soon.
    05-20-08 01:52 PM
    stoner, thanks for the reply. I have inserted the sd micro card and it formated. now how do I find it on my curve in order to access the window file manger?
    05-21-08 09:16 AM
    Media > Menu > Explore
    05-21-08 09:30 AM
    stoner, thanks for the reply. I have inserted the sd micro card and it formated. now how do I find it on my curve in order to access the window file manger?

With a formatted media card, all you have to do is connect it using the mini USB port. Windows will see it as a removable drive.

Anything you copy will go to the Media Card, Windows does not see your device memory, at all.

mm_style has provided you with the path to Explore. Explore is a file manager too, and capable of seeing both device memory and the media card. You can use it to move files from device to media card.
    05-21-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD