Hey all, about 3 or 4 times a day I get a flood of about 14 or 15 spam emails from my email account. However they do not show up in my email box just on my phone, they are the same ones over and over too. I unsynced the spam folder from windows mail and even took the account off my phone then re added it hoping that would help but nothing... Please help! ! !
    02-25-10 10:50 AM
    Once an email address is in the hands of SPAMers, they never give up.

The most effective way to deal with that problem is to create a replacement address, notify your contacts, then retire the account.
    02-25-10 10:54 AM
    Once an email address is in the hands of SPAMers, they never give up.

The most effective way to deal with that problem is to create a replacement address, notify your contacts, then retire the account.
    I would hate to do that but it seems like the best move.
    But the emails never go to my mailbox that i check online or through windows mail, they only flood to my BB..
    02-25-10 01:20 PM
    are they showing up in your spam folder on your computer? Then you need to setup a spam filter on your BB. Search the forums, theres a post that tells how to use gmail, forwarding your email to that, to use as a free spam filter. I use it, it works great, versus antair spam filter which is 50 bucks
    02-25-10 07:57 PM
    because I feel like being nice today....here's the link to save you some searchin...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ackberry-5736/
    02-25-10 08:01 PM
    are they showing up in your spam folder on your computer? Then you need to setup a spam filter on your BB. Search the forums, theres a post that tells how to use gmail, forwarding your email to that, to use as a free spam filter. I use it, it works great, versus antair spam filter which is 50 bucks
    Only like one or two of the spam messages that get sent to my phone are in my spam folder on the computer. I'll break it down..
    - get a normal email
    - the flood of the same spam messages starts
    - I delete them all off of my phone
    - happens again later in the day

I will definitely try out the spam filter link, thanks!
    02-26-10 08:54 AM
    edit***
    I already have gmail.. grrr
    02-26-10 09:12 AM
    Yea my friend had this problem lol he came to work one day and had around 300 emails in one day and 2 days later I said how many you got now he said look and he had over 1,200 lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 11:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD