I don't have word suggestions turned on for my classic.

When I use the passport flick typing, it's nice, but I find I waste time looking for the word. Sometimes I'll type another letter or two waiting for the right word to come up so I can flick it.

It's convenient for short messages. But when I'm on the classic, my eyes are solely focused on the keyboard, not shifting from the keyboard to the screen.

I'm curious to see how others with both devices adjust to both keyboards.

I use both devices every day, but my classic is my carry phone and my passport stays home as my tablet.

When I'm away for an event and I need serious horsepower, I switch Sims over to my passport and only use that. I also don't carry my laptop anymore because of the passport.
    04-23-15 06:43 PM
    You'll get good enough with both 'till you no longer look at the keyboard at all.
    04-23-15 06:58 PM
    I loved word suggestions on the Q10. Sure, it breaks the flow a little, but repetitive stuff is better tapped than typed.... :-)

  Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....  
    04-24-15 12:50 AM
    I prefer word substitutions. I have many expressions saved as shortcuts, and as long as the shortcuts make sense, it's much more convenient to type them. That said, I just flicked the words much, more, and convenient, since they showed up on the left after only one or two letters.

The more you type, the more the Passport learns your expressions.

That said, I have one gripe about suggested words. When a word is being suggested, but it's the wrong form of the word - lets say I need the plural, or the past participle, if I keep typing the letters, the word doesn't change until the very end. I'd like to see an updated version of suggested words where as you keep typing, the forms of the word change. Yeah, first world problems.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    04-24-15 12:39 PM