Let's see how objective CB can be! :P

So, BB10 is a pretty damn good for a mobile OS - no doubt about that. However, it still has a LONG way to go before it can come even close to being perfect.

I question the superiority of BlackBerry 10 when I experience these things but I have a feeling that iOS/Android aren't all that better...

- Calendar app has a "location" field. But it's completely useless! You can't see the location of an appointment until you open the app and drill down to the appointment card. You can't select to see the location on Maps app either!

You can't stop the alarm(s) you have set from showing up in the little agenda section below the calendary (on Z series phones). If you set multiple alarms in the morning like me, you have to scroll before you can see your agenda for the day...

- Only 16 apps in a folder? Really?

- So many features missing in the browser! You usually have to tap a link twice before it actually goes to the page.

No way to load the Bookmarks tab in browser by default!

When you open tab A and go to a website, then open tab B and do a little browsing around. Now if you were to go back to tab A, it'd reload and lose all history! This is really annoying because sometimes I load multiple tabs before going underground in the subway; of course when I try to read them, they'd try to reload when there's no internet access...

- NOTIFICATIONS. ARGH. This is the biggest **** off for me yet. I spent an hour a while ago meticulously setting up different notifications for major events. Now that I'm in university again, I try to keep my phone on Vibrate Only mode. However, it vibrates for events that are clearly set to not vibrate!
    For example, texts and BBM are supposed to be a tone + LED. This works fine in the Normal mode, but when it is set to vibrate mode, it will become vibrate + LED even though the vibrate option is set to OFF!

- BBM and BBM groups are so poorly implemented! Many days, you can't even see the number of people in the group or the chats are slow to load etc.
    Double instant previews in BBM is a problem that has been around for months now. It's a SIMPLE fix, BlackBerry still hasn't fixed it.

- Lock screen notifications. Sometimes, when you get an email and you try to see what it's about on the lock screen, it will show a preview of all recent emails (even the emails you have deleted)!!

These aren't some crazy high tech features, they're simple little things that BlackBerry should have done a LONG time ago! Have you noticed any others?
    09-14-14 01:00 AM
    - Calendar app has a "location" field. But it's completely useless! You can't see the location of an appointment until you open the app and drill down to the appointment card. You can't select to see the location on Maps app either!
    Location is there if you add location, and also visible in Maps.

You can't stop the alarm(s) you have set from showing up in the little agenda section below the calendary (on Z series phones). If you set multiple alarms in the morning like me, you have to scroll before you can see your agenda for the day...
    Agreed, annoying. However, they're put in order of events happening on the calendar, so, yeah.

- Only 16 apps in a folder? Really?
    Fixed in 10.3.x.xxxx

- So many features missing in the browser! You usually have to tap a link twice before it actually goes to the page.
    That would be unique, I don't have this problem.

No way to load the Bookmarks tab in browser by default!
    This would be a handy feature.

When you open tab A and go to a website, then open tab B and do a little browsing around. Now if you were to go back to tab A, it'd reload and lose all history! This is really annoying because sometimes I load multiple tabs before going underground in the subway; of course when I try to read them, they'd try to reload when there's no internet access...
    Another unique issue, my tabs stay right where I leave them.

- NOTIFICATIONS. ARGH. This is the biggest **** off for me yet. I spent an hour a while ago meticulously setting up different notifications for major events. Now that I'm in university again, I try to keep my phone on Vibrate Only mode. However, it vibrates for events that are clearly set to not vibrate!
    For example, texts and BBM are supposed to be a tone + LED. This works fine in the Normal mode, but when it is set to vibrate mode, it will become vibrate + LED even though the vibrate option is set to OFF!
    Possibly unique; I have apps set to be different from the parent profile and things work as expected, e.g. I don't want the CB app notifying me on anything and the setting persists no matter the profile.

- BBM and BBM groups are so poorly implemented! Many days, you can't even see the number of people in the group or the chats are slow to load etc.
    Double instant previews in BBM is a problem that has been around for months now. It's a SIMPLE fix, BlackBerry still hasn't fixed it.
    Unique issue.

- Lock screen notifications. Sometimes, when you get an email and you try to see what it's about on the lock screen, it will show a preview of all recent emails (even the emails you have deleted)!!
    Unique issue.

To put it all together, what you're describing actually sounds like you need to reload the device software. It's quite possible there's more than a few having similar or the same issue(s), however, they aren't broad flaws in the OS that everyone is experiencing.
    Uzi and KDB84 like this.
    09-14-14 01:44 AM
    BlackBerry 10 OS is good if loaded correctly. I personally never load updates OTA.

It is worth it to learn how to load your firmware.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    09-14-14 01:48 AM
    Lol update ur OS, your device must be running Dev Alpha OS!

Posted via my sexy Q10
    09-14-14 01:58 AM
    Yes the browser has become somewhat unstable. It didn't used to be this way, but since 10.2 if you have multiple tabs open sometimes it will refresh the background tabs. Also, occasionally the browser will freeze the phone and force you to reboot, usually if you are doing a bunch of things at once. This also began in 10.2

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:20 AM
    ibuilder, are you using 10.3? Maybe they fixed the browser problems.. I just use official versions

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 02:22 AM
    ibuilder, are you using 10.3? Maybe they fixed the browser problems.. I just use official versions

Posted via CB10
    Yes I'm on 10.3.0.1154, however, never had browser issues on 10.2.1 beyond the occasional page not loading.
    09-14-14 02:59 AM
    I had 9 tabs opened since yesterday night like by 8pm, now its 1:30pm aand still even the first tab that i opened is active.

Posted via my sexy Q10
    09-14-14 03:02 AM
    Location is there if you add location, and also visible in Maps.
    I have to copy paste an address in the Maps app if I want to get directions or something. I don't see any options to get directions or see it on a maps... :S

Agreed, annoying. However, they're put in order of events happening on the calendar, so, yeah.
    Yep, simple extension of a feature already in the app to hide the Tasks...

That would be unique, I don't have this problem.
    It happens everytime I quickly tap a link. It will try to load, fail and waits for user command... :S

Another unique issue, my tabs stay right where I leave them.
    I think this happens when you use one of the tabs for watching videos or something memory intensive. The app reallocates memory to the highly used tab from the tab that was loaded earlier. It won't close the tab, but when you go back to the original tab, it will reload the tab entirely.

Possibly unique; I have apps set to be different from the parent profile and things work as expected, e.g. I don't want the CB app notifying me on anything and the setting persists no matter the profile.
    I set the notifs to work well on Normal mode but apparently the vibrate settings from Normal don't carry over to the Vibrate Only mode.

Unique issue.

Unique issue.

To put it all together, what you're describing actually sounds like you need to reload the device software. It's quite possible there's more than a few having similar or the same issue(s), however, they aren't broad flaws in the OS that everyone is experiencing.
    I wonder what people who use BBM Groups have to say about the Groups problem. I think it's fairly common across the Groups users because I've seen this being mentioned multiple times by people in my group and on the feedback forums.
    09-14-14 04:21 PM
    I had 9 tabs opened since yesterday night like by 8pm, now its 1:30pm aand still even the first tab that i opened is active.

Posted via my sexy Q10
    Maybe the tabs I'm loading use more memory. I assume those tabs were text only?

Lol update ur OS, your device must be running Dev Alpha OS!

Posted via my sexy Q10
    Nope, latest OTA update from Bell.
    09-14-14 04:22 PM
    BlackBerry 10 OS is good if loaded correctly. I personally never load updates OTA.

It is worth it to learn how to load your firmware.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    OTA is what people use. I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the official OS to work properly?
    09-14-14 04:24 PM
    It is not unreasonable to expect the official os to work properly. Not at all. If I wanted to faff about with loading os' I'd get android and better hardware.

That said, my q10 has practically few faults. (10.2.x uk official). The browser does freeze, sometimes.

My only issue with bb10 is something people have been pleading for for a very long time: Openvpn support. If BB pull a finger out and support that then its complete. For me. A system vaunted for its security not allowing for consumer forms of vpn is bs. All this talk of security - one needs a Bes server. And a mail server. Openvpn for traffic and browsing. That would make bb10 complete. For me. I hope 10.3 brings it...

Sent using tapatalk!
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-14-14 05:11 PM
    You know what flaw really bugs me? When someone post about flaws and they don't give the OS version as the flaw that the poster complains about is already fixed in the newer version.
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    09-14-14 05:20 PM
    I agree with Blue. If you don't post which OS version you are using in OP it doesn't help.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-14-14 05:31 PM
    Maybe the tabs I'm loading use more memory. I assume those tabs were text only?
    I had ebay pages, and the first two 3 tabs where R-sim5 pages, if u go there, there are a hell lot of pics of rsim and few videos. So i think my browser was handling way more that yours!

Posted via my sexy Q10
    09-14-14 08:06 PM
    Nope, latest OTA update from Bell.
    Then that is not the latest, go install 10.2.1.3xxx

Posted via my sexy Q10
    09-14-14 08:07 PM
    The only issue I have is with the contact app and the maps

Posted via CB10
    09-14-14 09:54 PM
    I have the 1154 leak and am loving this phone even more. So do my kids.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    09-14-14 09:58 PM
    I think for the notifications you need to set it for each mode. You set it for vibrate off while in normal mode. Switch to vibrate mode, THEN go to settings. I think then if you set the vibrate off for those events it will remain off even while in vibrate only mode... Let me know how that goes.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    09-14-14 10:57 PM
    You know what flaw really bugs me? When someone post about flaws and they don't give the OS version as the flaw that the poster complains about is already fixed in the newer version.
    I agree with Blue. If you don't post which OS version you are using in OP it doesn't help.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Then that is not the latest, go install 10.2.1.3xxx

Posted via my sexy Q10
    I have OS 10.2.1.3247 on STL100-3 on an LE.

I think for the notifications you need to set it for each mode. You set it for vibrate off while in normal mode. Switch to vibrate mode, THEN go to settings. I think then if you set the vibrate off for those events it will remain off even while in vibrate only mode... Let me know how that goes.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    I tried that, I thought the vibrate might be ON when I change to Vibrate Only. But, the settings remain exactly as I had set them for Normal mode! Vibrate is indeed OFF but it still vibrates. lol
    09-15-14 07:12 PM
    As far as web pages. You could download them before you get out of service then read at your leisure.

Browser > 3 bars at bottom right >. Save page. Not sure if that works for videos's though. But works well for articles.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    DisturbedRocks31 likes this.
    09-15-14 07:58 PM
    Hmmm, I think there are still lots of bugs but still an awesome OS. For example, buggy sms notifications, photos are saved on memory card but photo app can't find them (database corruption).... two I have experienced in the last few days...

Also Dropbox and box become unusable when lots of files stored. Need an app with thumbnails.

I agree about the browser, too much page reloading is really eating my data. Should cache better recent pages.

I will stop now.

But certain parts of the OS and default apps are very elegant and I really appreciate that.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:08 PM
    Vpn options are useless. No support for sonicwall ipsec, ssl vpn or l2tp. They need to add new equipment to their profile. Cisco pix is eol, I threw mine away years ago and are all sonicwall now.

For a secure platform, they are lacking the basics of vpn.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-14 11:18 PM
    The option for running Android apps are nice, but I would like to be able to use the BlackBerry 10 native apps for all my current Android apps.

Other than that, all my issues have been mentioned already.

I don't mean to praise BlackBerry too much in this thread, but man is it annoying to open and close apps every time I have to use a messenger app. I am so glad that the hub exists to eliminate the opening and closing of the communication apps.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z10
    09-16-14 12:57 AM
    VPN, vibrate settings, browser tabs (real tabs junkie here, I've often got over 40 open!), BBM Groups and some of the other little annoyances mentioned....

Hope 3GB RAM for Passport is going to address the tabs caching issue...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    09-16-14 04:15 AM
31 12