Hi,

When the device is in locked mode with security code, I am still able to capture pictures with it, change the camera settings, flash or not flash then capture pictures.. is this somehow a security flaw that should not be happening? IMO, we should not have any access regardless of any settings or taking a picture with it..... right?? I am not sure whether BlackBerry Z10 or the Q10 were affected or not...

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 11:07 AM
    All BlackBerry devices are affected, since it's not a flaw.
    04-20-14 11:09 AM
    This is a feature to allow you to take pictures. You have no other access than to take a picture and review the last picture you took.

There is no security issue.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    04-20-14 11:10 AM
    Hi,

When the device is in locked mode with security code, I am still able to capture pictures with it, change the camera settings, flash or not flash then capture pictures.. is this somehow a security flaw that should not be happening? IMO, we should not have any access regardless of any settings or taking a picture with it..... right?? I am not sure whether BlackBerry Z10 or the Q10 were affected or not...

Posted via CB10
    You can do that on iPhone's? Androids and anything else... It allows you to take photos quickly without having to type in the lock code and then taking the picture... Which means you miss the moment. It only allows you to access the cameras taken while the phones locked which is insignificant anyways plus you can go to camera settings but who cares? Not like they can access contacts, older photos, and other things. Its pretty locked down...
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    04-20-14 11:22 AM
    When the device is in locked mode with security code, I am still able to capture pictures with it, change the camera settings, flash or not flash then capture pictures.. is this somehow a security flaw that should not be happening? IMO, we should not have any access regardless of any settings or taking a picture with it..... right?? I am not sure whether BlackBerry Z10 or the Q10 were affected or not
    You can only use the camera - you can't look at the pics or video without entering the password.
    04-20-14 11:28 AM
    As others have pointed out its not a flaw,its a feature. If you need to capture something that is spontaneous it's perfect. No need to unlock find the camera etc.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 01:05 PM