I was looking at a flashed Motorola droid on the Cricket network. Anyone know any info on this> I dont wanna waist my money..
    01-01-11 09:39 PM
    Wrong forum dude.

Also, save your money. It's probably used, is it on craigslist?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-11 11:57 PM
    ya i noticed that sorry.. I figured it would get moved... and no ebay
    01-02-11 03:30 PM
    You're wasting your money with Cricket or Metro. When they flash your device or you purchase a flashed device, everything that makes a smartphone is destroyed. What is left is a glorified dumbphone.
    01-02-11 03:41 PM
    ya Well im more then happy with my blackberry from cricket and it works just like my At&t one did so maby ill just keep it.. thanks for the info
    01-02-11 05:32 PM
    I recently flashed my phone from Sprint to CricKet. My question is can I go back to Sprint? I appreciate the service but my internet is MUCH better with Sprint / BIS.

01-02-11 06:04 PM
    I recently flashed my phone from Sprint to CricKet. My question is can I go back to Sprint? I appreciate the service but my internet is MUCH better with Sprint / BIS.

Flashing your device permanently disables your device from ever being able to access BIS/BES/BESX.
    01-02-11 06:19 PM
    Flashing your device permanently disables your device from ever being able to access BIS/BES/BESX.
    That sucks..
    01-02-11 07:23 PM
    You're wasting your money with Cricket or Metro. When they flash your device or you purchase a flashed device, everything that makes a smartphone is destroyed. What is left is a glorified dumbphone.
    Pardon this question, but could you expand on your answer? Not that I'm considering doing that, but I'm just curious. Thanks.
    01-02-11 07:27 PM
    Pardon this question, but could you expand on your answer? Not that I'm considering doing that, but I'm just curious. Thanks.
    Once your phone is flashed, you destroy the factory installed software RIM has on the device to utilize BIS/BESX/BES. Once that's wiped, it cannot be recovered. If you send the device to RIM, they will tell you that your flashed device voided the warranty on your Blackberry.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    01-02-11 07:40 PM
    Once your phone is flashed, you destroy the factory installed software RIM has on the device to utilize BIS/BESX/BES. Once that's wiped, it cannot be recovered. If you send the device to RIM, they will tell you that your flashed device voided the warranty on your Blackberry.
    Appreciate the info. More knowledge is better!
    01-02-11 07:48 PM
    What if its a android phone not a blackberry still the same?
    01-03-11 02:30 AM
    I recently contacted Sprint and my PIN is still registered with them. Why customer service didn't tell me I was permanently disabled? Just out of curiousity?

01-04-11 01:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD