Not to sound redundant, but I have been going through the forums and trying to figure out what percentage of people and sites still use flash. Will I lose functionality on most of my websites?
    What are the pros and cons of having or not having flash.
    I'm at a quandary here, because I really want to load the new leak 10.3.1 1949.
    Please give me a better understanding of this dilemma.

Thanks in advance community!

My Z10 has a Flow
    12-29-14 08:25 PM
    Not to flash.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 08:41 PM
    Have to Flash, unless all websites drop it. Even some links from CB need flash to view!!!

9000 > Q10 > Z10 >Z30>?
    mnc76 likes this.
    12-29-14 08:46 PM
    Leak 1949 + photon browser for flash need.
    Voil� !!

Posted via CB10
    12-29-14 08:50 PM
    Leak 1949 + photon browser for flash need.
    Voil� !!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the tip. Will try it.

Posted via Q10 with 1154
    12-29-14 09:38 PM
    Is photon browser through BBworld?

My Z10 has a Flow
    12-29-14 09:48 PM
    I have the same worries and concerns as the OP.

The replies so far to his query have been somewhat un-illuminating. Maybe it's because no one really knows. As in the words of Joni Mitchell, you don't know what you've got til it's gone...!

Posted via CB10 on my Passport
    12-30-14 01:26 AM
    Photon thought snap.
    I had a lot of flash links and 10.3.0.1418 was the last os with native flash .
    I upgrade to 10.3.1 because the typing is better /blend is great and few other option ...
    Photon browser is not good as native flash but it works for some of my links.
    I just decided to give up flash native now for a better os experience.
    Anyway flash is going down in 2015 so get yourself ready !!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 06:43 AM
    I turned off automatic updates because I'm afraid of losing flash. I've heard there is security concerns surrounding it, but I just don't care personally. I have become a bit of a blAPKberry user anyway.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-14 08:23 AM
    http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB36434

Adding to post for continuity of info.

cbcoza | Z3/Z10/Z30 - OS:10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 02:48 AM
    The only website that still uses Flash are outdated. Most have already moved on to HTML 5.

Anyhow, good decision on Blackberry because Flash is the number one cause for browser crashes and phones getting hot because it uses too much processing power. Even my Mac doesn't like Flash because if I leave flash playing too long the fan starts going off and my computer gets really hot. I would have to exit out Safari or reboot my Mac all the time.
    12-31-14 03:27 AM
    The only website that still uses Flash are outdated. Most have already moved on to HTML 5.

Anyhow, good decision on Blackberry because Flash is the number one cause for browser crashes and phones getting hot because it uses too much processing power. Even my Mac doesn't like Flash because if I leave flash playing too long the fan starts going off and my computer gets really hot. I would have to exit out Safari or reboot my Mac all the time.
    Seriously!!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 03:57 AM
    They shouldn't have to remove Death or alive. we need Flash.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:02 AM

If there is no flash contains in the page you are browsing your flash engine will not utilize your system resources that must. And if you still browse website which use flash then how could you say that this is good move.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 04:05 AM
    If there is no flash contains in the page you are browsing your flash engine will not utilize your system resources that must. And if you still browse website which use flash then how could you say that this is good move.

Posted via CB10

Flash is outdated and a serious security concern then add to the fact the mobile version is no longer updated by Adobe and even they are pushing for flash to die by pushing HTML5.
    thymaster likes this.
    12-31-14 04:56 AM
    Member Vito B posted on Blazes article in the comments he sideloaded the browser from 10.2.2 to 10.3.1 and it works fine.

There's an option that is worth looking into as many ppl said flash is still used a lot and it ll take some time before it gets replaced with html5.

Wish BlackBerry would have kept support for flash until the majority of sites converted to make a smoother transition for us BB users from flash to html5.

 Posted via CB10 on my  Z30
    12-31-14 07:32 AM
    I use an iPad a lot... can't say I've found very many instances where I had to switch to my computer because of the lack of Flash.

But I did have problems with my PlayBook as it seemed that even with Flash Off, the sites didn't recognize the browser and tried to still feed me flash instead of HTML5.....

There are still plenty of sites out there with content and navigation that is Flash dependent... but they are OLD.
    Couver81 likes this.
    12-31-14 07:40 AM
    Yet remember BlackBerry is targeting enterprise users. Enterprise IT is the dictionary definition of old technology. How many companies are locked into high license services using Java or Flash for multimedia or conferencing? Furthermore, BES users will be blocked from using Snap or other sideloads so where is the plan from BlackBerry for them?

Adobe is still offering at least security updates for Flash to Linux users so while the platform is dying it's yet to reach a full critical mass where Flash is becoming that rare.

Posted via CB10
    Vorkosigan likes this.
    01-04-15 07:58 AM
    Yet remember BlackBerry is targeting enterprise users. Enterprise IT is the dictionary definition of old technology. How many companies are locked into high license services using Java or Flash for multimedia or conferencing? Furthermore, BES users will be blocked from using Snap or other sideloads so where is the plan from BlackBerry for them?

Adobe is still offering at least security updates for Flash to Linux users so while the platform is dying it's yet to reach a full critical mass where Flash is becoming that rare.

Posted via CB10
    This is exactly my problem with it.

From a personal use standpoint, no flash and I don't care.

However, so much of the stuff I have to use for business still uses flash. Our company is actually transitioning to HTML5 but we are one of the more progressive ones. I feel like most companies won't change until they have to.

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    01-04-15 08:41 AM

Actually, some of the sites that still support Flash do it to don't leave behind users who either don't have a smartphone, or those who don't have the so called APP. BlackBerry users fall in the latter category and they're about to be bumped off the other category as well (not supported in browser)

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 10:03 AM
    Slowly removes clothes.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    01-04-15 12:29 PM
    Good news guys...
    You can now sideload flash.

http://www.bbin.in/2015/03/miss-adob...o-get-it-back/

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:18 PM
    I use an iPad a lot... can't say I've found very many instances where I had to switch to my computer because of the lack of Flash.

But I did have problems with my PlayBook as it seemed that even with Flash Off, the sites didn't recognize the browser and tried to still feed me flash instead of HTML5.....

There are still plenty of sites out there with content and navigation that is Flash dependent... but they are OLD.
    Your second point is I think the big issue right now. People can get by without Flash on their mobile devices but there are a lot of websites that don't recognize the Blackberry browser. Sometimes on my Q10 I'll visit a site that seems like it needs Flash to be fully functional but then when I visit it on my iPad it runs fine.

I think if the BlackBerry browser was more readily recognized we'd see less issues with the loss of Flash. It's a shame too because the native BlackBerry browser is good.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:41 PM