All-
    Wondering what the idea is behind the 'flash' function I see listed when during a call I press the blackberry button to bring up the menu. This menu lists such items as 'Help', 'Add Participant', 'Enhance Call Audio', etc.

When I click the 'flash' item in the menu it simply makes a siren sound for a few seconds and then turns off... when asking the person on the other end of the line if they could hear the noise they said no.

My only guess is that if someone puts you on hold that you could set this up to let you know when they start speaking again... but that sounds like a wild guess.

**1st Post on the forum so do be kind, if this is discussed elsewhere please post link... did look at the offical bb side with no luck**

Thanks,
    B
    09-02-09 07:02 AM
    Flash is used to switch between callers when you have call waiting and someone "beeps" in while you're on the phone with someone else.

Just like depressing a landline phone's hangup button for a second or so to switch between callers in a call waiting situation.
    09-02-09 07:07 AM
    Damn Verizon, Don't they teach their Newbies anything?
    09-02-09 08:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD