My wife and I bought Blackberrys a few months ago. She got the 8520 and I got the 8900 and we both subscribed to CBell's Wifi Calling plan. She has had no problems with the wifi on her 8520 but my 8900 call quality is bad. It cuts out and chirps and repeats sounds in a way that sounds like Max Headroom. I wasnt entirely sure whether or not it was our wireless network but I have since connected to other wireless networks and the call quality is bad on every network I have tried. I called CBell's tech support and they walked me through several steps including swapping out sim cards with my wife which didnt make a difference because her sim in my phone still had bad call quality and my sim in her phone sounded good. They then had me do an exchange and I got an entirely different phone and while it isnt as bad, it is still virtually unusable in the UMA setting. Browsing and emailing are not effected as far as I can tell. I am at a point where I want to ask them to just let me get a different model of phone because I am not getting the service that I am paying for. Before I go that route, does anyone have any experience with the call quality being so bad while on UMA? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    03-19-10 04:40 PM
    I've been dealing with the same issue you have and have been wondering if there's a fix for it as well. I love the phone otherwise.
    03-20-10 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD