On the Blackberry 8830, in email messages, how can I flag the message for followup?
    06-11-08 01:50 PM
    That's an Outlook/Microsoft feature. I don't ever recall seeing that option on a Blackberry. Your best bet would be to get ToDoMatrix by RexWireless, inject the email into that (once installed it becomes a menu option), and use ToDoMatrix for followup. Rex products kick total ****!
    06-11-08 02:47 PM
    Thank you.
    06-11-08 02:50 PM
    But at work we have Outlook as our email, and our email is sync to the blackberry so I figured the options would be the same
    06-11-08 02:51 PM
    Wish it were so myself. That would be a very handy feature. Instead I've learned to use a dependable task manager (not the built-in one that comes standard). There are many out there, so I hunted for awhile before deciding upon one. Get one with an injection feature (so you can create tasks directly from your emails) and then you can create as many follow-up "flags" as you want.
    06-11-08 03:09 PM
    On the Blackberry 8830, in email messages, how can I flag the message for followup?
    Hi.

The new BB Bold 9700 now supports Follow up messages. Similar to outlook you can flag your messages with different colors. This info is synched with outlook as well.
    04-23-10 09:01 AM
    Seems I have seen that option when highlighting an email and clicking menu. Never used it so I don't know if its functional, or which email client it will work on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-10 09:51 AM
    Seems I have seen that option when highlighting an email and clicking menu. Never used it so I don't know if its functional, or which email client it will work on.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yes. This function is only available for now in BB Bold 9700 as far as I know. You can use it by select the Follow UP option when you hit the BB menu key.

If you flag a message for example with a red flag, this info appear in Outlook (in outlook yo see the email flagged and in the follow up folders). Very nice feature (but I don't know in the BB how to check ONLY emails with flags)
    04-23-10 10:03 AM
    Is there a shortcut to flag a message, while reading?
    08-19-10 11:42 AM
    Is there a shortcut to flag a message, while reading?
    In list view you can flag a message with 'W'. 'W' again to mark complete.

Again in list view - You can view your flagged messages if using BES v5 with 'Alt+F'. This shows you flagged messages across all folders (inc sent items).

Unfortunately it also shows 'completed' items, which is very unhelpful if you have say 50 flagged messages but several hundred completed items!!

You can also 'Menu key' to 'delete flag' or 'flag properties' to set request, colour, due date etc.

You can create a custom search on inbox only for flagged items and save it with a new shortcut, to reduce the number of returned results (ie completed & filed).
    12-02-10 05:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD