Ive been having this problem for at least six months ever since i got my new curve 9330 and its been eating me up. But ive FINALLY found the cause and solution!!

Every time i would reset my berry within a few minutes of starting up, my phone would emit an extremely loud blurt for no reason. then after i tried updating my os it got even worse! it would now blurt out every few minutes. I tried everything from removing all my apps one by one, i even wiped the phone clean and reinstalled the os but nothing worked.

Till today, it hit me what has been constant, not changed at all throughout this whole process? My SD CARD!! so i took it out and low and behold no more blurts!

So i backed it up, reformatted it and now all is well. As an added bonus i noticed my reboot times now take half as long. Apparently ur SD card can affect ur reboots and cause these types of bugs.

So if ur having any of these issues i hope this helps.

ps, i searched these forums and could not find this anywhere!
    gman0414 likes this.
    07-24-11 08:27 PM
    Thanks for sharing this terrific discovery. You followed the process of elimination to its logical conclusion and then took it a step further. I'll bear this mind. I never would have thought ...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-11 08:36 PM
    Thank you so much! I will try that now! You do have a point! I had the same issue after upgrading to 6.0 and then I tried to down grade and it crashed my phone to where it just kept power cycling during "Patching...". Finally I had to come home and download a new fresh OS version and connect the phone to the laptop since the phone was useless and could not boot any longer; with that, I lost ALL my info and save programs and files on the phone. It was a fresh new install of the OS, and the noise came back!!! I didnt think about the memory card. I am going to try that now. I wonder how to format the memory card from the BB phone. I'm sure I'll figure it out, if not, GOOGLE always seems to be helpful!

Thanks again for your post!
    12-20-13 10:06 PM
    Yes, never underestimate the SD Card.
    I once had one which would immediately crash any computer it was placed in.
    Anyway glad you got it sorted

CB10 on Z10
    12-21-13 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD