I went and checked out this most anticipated BlackBerry with a friend and it didn't do anything for me. I mean its a nice design, nice graphics, nice software, but the touch screen sucked.
    To be honest, I wouldn't even think about trading my curve for it.
    11-21-08 09:55 AM
    Though this has been talked about plenty, I definitely agree. I'm really loving my Blackberry 8800, and neither would I even think about trading this puppy in for a Storm. Touchscreen offers that larger gorgeous display, but I love my physical QWERTY keyboard, where it's so easy to type on, and honestly, more aesthetically pleasing to the eye (it's like a mini-PC!). It's reliable. I just don't like the idea of having to rely on the one screen so often.

I know this will change, and change soon, but I still personally think touch screens are too gimmicky (as a main means of input -- a Treo, that blends the two together is fine).

I think the Storm is a fine device. I just don't see it lasting more than a couple of years. S'all about the Bold & Curve 8900 for me.
    Last edited by Aspyred; 11-21-08 at 04:21 PM.
    11-21-08 04:18 PM
    My fellow addict and I also went and checked out the Storm this afternoon...

It was definitely a nice phone, but I am too in love with my Curve at this point to consider giving her up. Especially with all the hassles involved with switching providers, etc. (And the cost! AAaaaack!)

Maybe someday, when the kinks are worked out of the Storm... who knows.

For now, I'm sticking with my Goldberry Curve!
    11-21-08 04:21 PM

I think the Storm is a fine device. I just don't see it lasting more than a couple of years. S'all about the Bold & Curve 8900 for me.
    Does any cool gadget last more than a couple of years? Besides the big wheel.
    11-21-08 04:24 PM
    Does any cool gadget last more than a couple of years? Besides the big wheel.
    I'm talking more in terms of lifespan. My older flip phones will work OK, and my 8800, I'm sure, will eventually die out on me (I'd had to somewhat, 'repair' the trackball once already), but when the device is wholly dependent on the screen for input, I'm unsure if I could say the lifespan of the device is equal to that of a more traditional Blackberry.

Because once the screen is gone, it's not a trivial fix. If someone here were to lose a few letters off their BB keyboard or lose their trackball, that can be repaired at a cost, I would think, cheaper than if you cracked the corner of the Storm's display.

I just like to have my older phone as a backup or phone I can give to another person.

I mean, I could be definitely be wrong, the Storm JUST released, but that's just how it appears to me right now with touchscreen phones in general.
    11-21-08 05:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD