Yeah, My 8310 red curve just arrived :~D
    Any ideas of what I should do first?
    01-26-09 10:31 AM
    be pateint, the phone gets activated quickly on the voice network but it can take up to several hours to get activated on the BIS
    01-26-09 10:34 AM
    As silly as it seems, the first thing to do is run patiently through the setup wizard.

If you are planning to use a gmail address, you might want to consider some research re: using Blackberry's push service vs. Google's Gmail application. I prefer the Gmail app (so my GMail is not set up through the setup wizard) but others prefer the push service. There are plenty of threads on the board about the gmail service.

I love Google Mobile App; Google Sync (syncs my BB with my Google Calendar and Gmail address book); Viigo (research that one too); and Vlingo (a speech recognition program for text messages, etc.)

I wouldn't do too many things at a time because if you start having troubles you might not know what application is causing them.

Frequent these boards and read through some of the CrackBerry 101 articles. They're very helpful.

Oh, and have fun with your new Curve. Curves are great devices!
    01-26-09 10:40 AM
    Oh ya and welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 10:43 AM
    Welcome to CB...and the BB world. I'm fairly fresh as well. My Storm is the very first BB i've had.... though i did have some experience w/ RIM pagers in the past.... (sure made that whole texting with your thumbs transition MUCH easier).

I second the advice of Revwill. Get into the setup wizard. May seem lame and make you feel like a n00b, but it will prolly answer some of the most basic questions.

Along with that, use the boards. Search them first, if yer REALLY stuck, then seek out the advice of the CB wizards. From what I've seen, people on here REALLY know their stuff....but they aren't shy about tellin you what you should have done, instead of asking in a post (i.e. search the forums).

All in all, enjoy your new device, check out any app you think is cool....and be sure to tell everyone what you think if you try one out...

that's my .02!!!!
    01-26-09 10:59 AM
    Hmmmmm what do you want to do first?? That is the real question, then ask for help doing that.
    01-26-09 11:47 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Good call on the setup wizard, that will take care of the optional languages and your BIS connection.

Second, Enjoy the media sample video, tunes and background images. Then get rid of them, freeing a big chunk of memory.

Install a media card. A few settings changes and you free up a lot more memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Once you have have optimized your memory, there are plenty of things to add on to make it a useful and productive device.
    01-26-09 11:51 AM
    1) Run the Setup Wizard.
    2) Read through the Help files, especially the pages on keyboard shortcuts. They're quite handy.
    3) Install Google Maps. Quite useful, even more so since you have a GPS model.
    4) If you have friends with BBs, add them into BB Messenger (and introduce your friends to it if they're not using it). Very slick BB-only IM service. You can add via either email or PIN (Options-Status or type mypin: in a message), but most people use PINs in public forums as they're spamproof.
    5) If you're coming from a WinMo or Palm phone/PDA, run the Switch Device Wizard from Desktop Manager.
    01-26-09 11:58 AM
    First thing to do after running the setup wizard would be to play around with it You'll learn the basics pretty quickly, whatever your not sure about you'll definitely find the answer here.
    01-26-09 01:52 PM
    01-26-09 02:05 PM
    The first thing you do is put the battery in and let it charge.
    01-26-09 02:16 PM
    set up wizard, then just take a couple of hours and get to know your new addiction learn were things are and how they work,then come back to CB and look around in the forums,get a basic understand of your device before asking questions that way when you do ask you will kinda know your way around the device.
    01-26-09 07:05 PM
    The first thing to do is power on your bb and then head to crackberry to learn about your new bb. this is the best site on the internet! thanks to all the smart and friendly people here to help.
    01-26-09 07:08 PM
    welcome to da bb family blackberrys rule..........
    01-26-09 09:38 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and the wonderful world of Blackberry!!!

First I would cruise the boards while letting your BB charge. Soak up all the knowledge that you can and ask any burning questions. I would also shop for some accessories. A case, car charger, screen protectors, and memory card are musts in my book. Make sure you run the setup wizard and you should be good to go. Have fun!!!
    01-27-09 02:51 AM
    Setup Wizard followed by a snuggle
    01-27-09 02:55 AM
    set up wizard, then just take a couple of hours and get to know your new addiction learn were things are and how they work,then come back to CB and look around in the forums,get a basic understand of your device before asking questions that way when you do ask you will kinda know your way around the device.
    Off Topic: What's up bro... haven't seen you in a while. How's it going?

On Topic: Play with it and get used to it. Then upgrade it!
    01-27-09 10:23 PM
    I have went through all my setup and help topics but I still need to know if on the blackberry storm when you are sending a text message is there a place to store short sentences that you use often such as call me, or let's meet for lunch etc.
    01-28-09 01:02 AM
    I would have to say take it out of the box!!!!
    01-28-09 06:52 AM
    1. Transfer contacts onto BB.
    2. Hide and/or delete unused icons/apps
    3. Select Theme/Wallpaper/Options
    4. Change alert sounds/adjust profiles
    5. Rearrange Icons
    6. Add applications/games/launchers/Ringtones
    7. Install Media Card
    8. Learn/Figure out shortcuts
    9. Set up Push email/Complete Set Up Wizard
    10. Set a device password
    11. Spend time reading CrackBerry.com! wap.crackberry.com on your bb!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/tip-...ortcuts-13131/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/
    Last edited by chrisy520; 01-28-09 at 07:10 AM.
    01-28-09 07:04 AM
    First things first, you need to personalize. if you havent done so already you need to get some cool ringtones and wallpapers that speak your name
    01-28-09 05:35 PM
    First, put on a pot of coffee... it's going to be a long night! You won't be able to put it down, haha.
    01-28-09 05:37 PM
    No matter how many BlackBerrys I buy, the first thing I always do is go through the Set-Up Wizard (like someone else said). Its kind of a tradition

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 06:19 PM
    As silly as it seems, the first thing to do is run patiently through the setup wizard.

If you are planning to use a gmail address, you might want to consider some research re: using Blackberry's push service vs. Google's Gmail application.
    When you say BB's push service, would that mean the bb email?
    01-28-09 06:25 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Good call on the setup wizard, that will take care of the optional languages and your BIS connection.

Second, Enjoy the media sample video, tunes and background images. Then get rid of them, freeing a big chunk of memory.

Install a media card. A few settings changes and you free up a lot more memory.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

Once you have have optimized your memory, there are plenty of things to add on to make it a useful and productive device.
    Maybe the op is proficient on bb's but some of the stuff you have posted on freeing memory space is very difficult to undestand especially a new user.. I mean no offense by this, I'm just saying it's technical some of the stuff you posted.
    01-28-09 06:28 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD