I got my first spam PIN request yesterday, no big problem, just wondered how often other people get them.
    12-15-11 04:48 AM
    I've had 2 or 3 over the last 6 months.
    Not a big problem (So far !)
    12-15-11 05:24 AM
    I get some occasionally.
    12-15-11 05:31 AM
    I never got one ever , but I don't put my pin out there. I actually just add pins
    from the Facebook Blackberry fan page.
    You can block that pin from ever sending you a request if you like.
    12-15-11 07:36 AM
    Don't ever get em. I am forced to delete new contacts that often send the broadcast crap that states some sob story and that your junk will fall of if you don't forward to everyone in your list!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-11 08:08 AM
    Don't ever get em. I am forced to delete new contacts that often send the broadcast crap that states some sob story and that your junk will fall off if you don't forward to everyone in your list!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Fairly confident I don't have the junk of which you speak, but I delete BBM contacts all the time for broadcast messaging. I don't care if it's Little Susie in Frogballs, KY needing a kidney transplant and Steve Jobs will rise from the dead and donate ten cents for each forward her message gets or someone demanding that all his BBM contacts change their profile pic to a pic of their body so he can rank us in order of sexiness, they get deleted.
    12-15-11 08:17 AM
    Don't ever get em. I am forced to delete new contacts that often send the broadcast crap that states some sob story and that your junk will fall of if you don't forward to everyone in your list!

You mean... My junk is not gonna fall off??? Bless you my child. I didn't forward.
    12-15-11 08:48 AM
    I've never gotten one, but my PIN isn't published on the net. Don't forget about the BlackBerry firewall and its ability to block PINs, texts, and emails.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    12-15-11 09:52 AM
    I've never gotten one, but my PIN isn't published on the net. Don't forget about the BlackBerry firewall and its ability to block PINs, texts, and emails.
    Could you say some more about the firewall, I didn't know about it untill now?

Thyanks
    12-15-11 09:56 AM
    Could you say some more about the firewall, I didn't know about it untill now?

Thyanks
    In OS 6, it's in Options>Security>Firewall. Check the box to enable it, and then you can choose to block texts, PINs, personal emails, and/or enterprise emails. You can also make exceptions for contacts, specific addresses, phone numbers, and/or PINs.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    12-15-11 10:24 AM
    In OS 6, it's in Options>Security>Firewall. Check the box to enable it, and then you can choose to block texts, PINs, personal emails, and/or enterprise emails. You can also make exceptions for contacts, specific addresses, phone numbers, and/or PINs.
    Thanks Tonis it's in OS7 as well never knew it was there till you said.
    12-15-11 11:46 AM
    My PIN has only be given to three people so it must have been a random thing, i am not to worried by it just curious as to how much it happens, like spam email
    12-15-11 12:12 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I only trade my pin in person. Suddenly I was getting requests out of nowhere.
    12-15-11 07:11 PM
    it is possible that someone was thinking they were posting their PIN or the PIN of a friend, and made typo so it became your PIN. If that was the case then blocking any requests you get forever might get the message back to the original (mis)-poster.
    12-16-11 09:47 AM
    i rarely get them, but i do get them overtime..
    12-17-11 07:15 AM
    I haven't had this problem, but I gotta admit I like the idea of ranking my friends by body composition, lol.
    12-17-11 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD