There are some nice touches to the new UI as far as easily accessing options. But what I dont like includes:

1) Icon section doesnt stay stuck. It changes when you scroll to the side whether you are highlighting an icon or highlighting the icon section header. Once I set to Favoirtes, it shouldn't change unless I select the Section Title and then scroll.

2) My ringer is MUCH louder now on Normal and had to adjust.

3) The upgrade changed my alert tonesincluding a REALLY rude alarm that sounds like the buzzer option on a clock radio.

4) You cant exit BrickBreaker and have it pause automatically, you have to switch apps.

5) CNN app broke. Now just opens browser with App World web page. Had to create new browser bookmark.

6) Clock and message indicator dont update until you press a button!!!

You people who are complaining about large icon areas need to learn to click on the section title bar to have it move down. Stillit seems like the default screen is pretty cluttered.

This UI (User Interface) is rght up there with Adobe deciding to remove the search box in Adobe Reader.

Am toying with going back to OS 5.

Steve
    05-13-11 05:36 PM
    sounds like you got a bugged version of OS6. was it leaked, or carrier offical? did you download the right version for the right device, i.e did you download a version for the 9700 or 9780, instead of the 9650 ?
    05-13-11 05:46 PM
    sounds like you got a bugged version of OS6. was it leaked, or carrier offical? did you download the right version for the right device, i.e did you download a version for the 9700 or 9780, instead of the 9650 ?
    I didn't go looking for it. I was prompted to install it. I can only assume it came from Verizon. I didn't pay that much attention to the notification.
    05-14-11 12:14 AM
    Some applications are broken because the publishers need to make them compatible with OS6.
    05-14-11 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD