View Poll Results: What is your dream BlackBerry Model?

Voters
1005. You may not vote on this poll
  • BlackBerry Pearl

112 11.14%
  • BlackBerry Curve

419 41.69%
  • BlackBerry 88xx

97 9.65%
  • BlackBerry 8700

14 1.39%
  • Rumored 9000 Series Phone

363 36.12%
    I think my DreamBerry will have:

• Full QWERTY, of course!
    • OLED display with scratch-proof/resistant polycarbonate screen, modular and easy to replace if absolutely needed. Perhaps something that slides in from the side, like a media card.
    • 802.11n WiFi that works
    • 3G or 4G data speed
    • Wireless USB
    • Micro hard drive storage
    • Seamless mass storage between PC, BB, and Desktop Manager
    • Fully accessible filesystem
    • Onboard theme building, or at least editing
    • Selectable keyboard/trackball lighting
    • Universal folder layout that persists when changing themes
    • Native MS Office/PDF file support
    • Flash support
    • Streaming video
    • Full HTML browser supporting SSL , Flash, Javascript, tabs, etc. (C'mon, Firefox!)

I'm sure I'm missing a few things...
    12-09-07 09:24 PM
    I would like to see WiFi on my dream blackberry.

Also it would be nice if you could seperate the address book or maybe have a seperate address book for work/personal/etc.
    12-09-07 09:40 PM
    I am a fan of very small text and a lot of screen real estate, so I am really looking forward to a larger VGA screen. My 8310 has just about everything else I need, but I would also like to see Wifi, 3G and a more "iphone" like internet experience on the browser. Ain't a whole lot more to long for...

Happy Holidays...
    12-09-07 10:00 PM
    Other than maybe supporting much more memory, and a lightning-fast internet connection, there's nothing else I'd need.

I also told folks that if they made mini-vans that performed like my Corvette, I'd be driving a minivan. When your phone is already among the best there is, why bother switching to something else?
    12-09-07 10:04 PM
    I like my pearl, but I would really love it if I were able to watch any video on the internet with a special format or applications

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-07 10:04 PM
    I've had my 8320 for about 2 weeks and I love it! it is the best phone I have had and cant imagine going back to any other phone. I think more memory would be awesome because there are a ton of cool applications I would like to try and have
    12-09-07 10:17 PM
    I love my BB 8300, but i would love to have GPS on board. i have napster to go and would love to use it on my BB.
    And if its not to much to ask i would love a video camera, i guess this dream will come true with the new os.
    thanks for listening........
    12-09-07 10:23 PM
    I love my curve, but GPS and Wireless would be awesome
    12-09-07 10:28 PM
    My dream features would have to be:

1.) a full TABBED html browser experience with the internet
    2.) more internal memory (at least 4Gb, also with the ability to expand with micro sd)
    3.) higher resolution camera
    4.) gps and wifi built in
    5.) talk time increased on the standard battery to at least 8 hours

Besides those little tweaks, everything is perfect :-)
    12-09-07 10:31 PM
    Winning one of the new 9000 blackberry's would be really cool!
    12-09-07 10:50 PM
    Apps i would use the most.....hmm..
    1) text/email
    2) BBM
    3) Browser
    4) Video
    5) Organizer

I'm pretty satisfied with my BB and all the apps listed are ones i use/will use soon (video).

Happy day!
    12-09-07 11:12 PM
    I just got t he Curve but a new type of blackberry would be nice. I dont want touch screen, but faster processor, maybe a bit sleeker design, all would be nice. I would really like better speakerphone for music. Also, better music interface.
    12-09-07 11:14 PM
    my dream BB would be basically an 8830 with some upgraded capabilities:

1) camera- some moments when you dont want to pull out a full cam, but want to capture it

2) programs on an external card- man, my memory is nearly full, i have to remove stuff to add more. it really sucks

3) 3G- faster data would be SO NICE!!!

4) 3.5mm headphone connection- please? Require all mobile phones to have a 3.5mm connection standard. and one with 2 rings, figure out how to make it work with standard headphones.

5) Wi-Fi- full, uncrippled wi-fi

6) GPS- full, uncrippled GPS

7) better battery- when i am running a few network intensive apps, my battery is terrible (15% with a 6am to 11pm day). this is not acceptable (most likely my biggest pet peeve)

there ya go, this is dream eh?
    12-10-07 12:07 AM
    My phone:

WiFi
    3G
    GPS
    8gig(2 gigs of jazz)
    Hot button for pizza delivery
    12-10-07 12:16 AM
    I would like 3G support, wifi and gps support. Firefox browser with full support for youtube, real web browsing and have the rim os built around a linux/unix based upgrade with a console available to get more functional access to some more tools!

Charlie

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-07 01:48 AM
    1) QWERTY keyboard sliding out from under the screen.
    2) either a trackball or scrollwheel, I like both.
    3) all the standard security/features of current bb's
    4) GPS & wi-fi
    5) significantly larger device memory
    6) support for larger media cards (already on its way, hooray!)
    7) pre-loaded software comprable to eoffice
    8) camera with video record support
    9) 3g support
    10) t-mo to stop pushing facebook and handango type apps/installers onto my phone!
    11) e-mail that supports html and has other features that empower does
    12) browser with capabilities of the current bb browswer & operamini, with the ability to toggle between the two by using a hotkey

12 days, 12 wishes!
    12-10-07 02:16 AM
    I now dream od 88XX models... Black...
    12-10-07 04:35 AM
    mine would be a curve
    12-10-07 05:25 AM
    I already purchased a curve 8310; one of the great decisions next to purchasing a house so I would love to load it up with a plethora of games, business apps, themes, ringtones and anything else I can find to make it MY blackberry...

J
    12-10-07 05:26 AM
    I usually get a new phone every 2 years (I'm a gadget junkie... LOL), and now I think that I won't need a new one when that time rolls around again. I absolutely love my Curve 8320, as it does everything I wanted a phone to do.
    12-10-07 05:46 AM
    A voice to text option so I could speak my messages. Louder ringer on the 8830
    12-10-07 05:52 AM
    Right now I have the Pearl, and since the upgrade when typing I have the constant double letters, so,
    A full key board
    Camera
    Mem slot
    Everything my Pearl has and oh so much more.

I would love a Curve or better,must have a cam since my cell cam is the only one I have and I take so many photos of my kids and pets.
    12-10-07 06:07 AM
    Video recording and a great web browser.....
    12-10-07 06:13 AM
    I have a pearl but my dream would be to have the curve with video!!!!!!!
    12-10-07 06:38 AM
    I have an 8830 right now. My Dream Blackberry would have a program that would automatically detect other BB's and be able to interact with them if they were interested in sharing information, etc.... Like you could program your interests and things like that.
    12-10-07 06:53 AM
885 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD