Hello everybody

I am getting a new Torch in 4 days.
    What I want to know is a few things for getting the most out of my battery.

1. Do i still need to charge the phone before use? How long?
    2. Must the battery run completely down before charging it?

Thank you for your time
    03-22-11 03:07 AM
    When I got my Curve 9300 , I've charged it for 8-10 hours ! In my opinion , you can charge it for 9 hours . That's only my opinion

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Ganayni94; 03-22-11 at 07:31 AM.
    03-22-11 03:16 AM
    You're gonna love it. I got mine after the Tour. I can say this Torch is the best blackberry produced to date confidently. The curve and tour I had before this were absolute garbage and I was about to switch platforms because of that, but I gave the Torch a shot, and it was that good that I stayed

What I did with mine was I used it until the battery hit red, then I charged it up overnight. Use it again till it runs out, and then charge again overnight. Then I went almost a week I'd say of charging it like I normally would (In the car, at home, overnight, etc.) Then after an overnight charge, just let it run until it completely runs out. This might take days.

Repeat this process and you'll notice (hopefully) what I noticed. When I first did the last step, my Torch lasted about a day and a half. After doing this a few times, I got it lasting 3 days with normal usage the first 2.5 days and less usage when it started getting lower (just because I try to conserve, naturally).

I let it sit overnight on the 3rd night and it was STILL on WITH 3G in the morning. I used it surfing the web for about 10 minutes before it said "radio off". It never died. I plugged it in and charged it.

Hope this helps. I've gotten awesome battery life from this thing.
    03-22-11 03:32 AM
    Thanx for the responses.
    I am sOOOOOOOO looking forward to getting this Torch

@Momo
    What I did with mine was I used it until the battery hit red, then I charged it up overnight. Use it again till it runs out, and then charge again overnight. Then I went almost a week I'd say of charging it like I normally would (In the car, at home, overnight, etc.) Then after an overnight charge, just let it run until it completely runs out. This might take days.
    Lasting 3 days sounds AWESOME!
    Could you please clarify the steps you used
    1. Get phone and start using immediately
    2. Run till battery icon turns red
    3. Charge it overnight (is that "bed time" or "home time")
    4. Use phone till battery icon turns red
    5. Charge it overnight
    6. For 1 week use phone and charge whenever i feel like it. for instance
    6a. Start charging if red or on 60%, etc
    6b. Charge till 80% for 20min or till 100% and keep on charger for 8hours
    7. Do 1 last overnight charge

>From then, only charge when icon red?

>>How long do you charge now?

*sorry for being so specific (or pedantic), but battery is a very important thing to me, and i need to get as much out of it as possible
    03-22-11 05:00 AM
    The lithium-ion batteries in BlackBerry devices are very different from the old nickel cadmium batteries that developed a "memory" if you didn't deep-cycle them periodically. For the new batteries, charge overnight and then charge often and "top off" as needed - these batteries love full charges, no need to deep-cycle!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    03-22-11 08:11 AM
    so when i get it use immediately
    charge overnight on the first night
    then charge whenever i get a chance

???
    03-22-11 08:50 AM
    Let it charge for 10 hours new. After that charge it whenever you feel like it.
    03-22-11 09:39 AM
    Also the lithium-ion batteries do NOT like being completely discharged. I would not let it go into the red it could do damage to the battery.
    03-22-11 07:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD