Today I committed the worst crime...I was carring my BB Pearl with no silicone skin, no plastic cover, and no leather case...I was in a rush and dropped my BB on the hard concrete of the freshly closed in carport. It bounced 3 times and now has 4 big scratches on it. Thankfully the carport is closed in now, it's been raining all week and normally there would be a half inch of water standing in the place my phone crashed into. Nothing was hurt other than the scratches, gotta love the ruggedness of BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 06:12 PM
    Scratches just add character to a phone. I love my huge gouges like their my children.

12-19-08 06:15 PM
    Today I committed the worst crime...I was carring my BB Pearl with no silicone skin, no plastic cover, and no leather case...I was in a rush and dropped my BB on the hard concrete of the freshly closed in carport. It bounced 3 times and now has 4 big scratches on it. Thankfully the carport is closed in now, it's been raining all week and normally there would be a half inch of water standing in the place my phone crashed into. Nothing was hurt other than the scratches, gotta love the ruggedness of BB.

Sorry to hear that

I guess you can describe its style, as *Vintage* or even better *distressed*
    12-19-08 06:20 PM
    Scratches are like war wounds dude...
    12-19-08 06:22 PM
    This Berry is barly a month old though. I was hoping to keep it scratch free for atleast 3 months and make a personal record. Atlest I did install a screen protector so the screen is cool.

12-19-08 06:33 PM
    !LOL as long as the screen is not damaged, you're good to go. The rugged structure was my whole reason for buying a blackberry... sorry to hear about your accident...
    12-19-08 09:20 PM
    I kept mine good for a couple months. Now I have one big scratch right down the center of the screen. Oops!!!
    12-23-08 11:02 AM
    First thing I did was buy a silicone cover and leather case. I'm paranoid about scratches on my baby.
    12-23-08 11:16 AM
    Since we're on the subjects of first drops----yesterday I was at work standing outside and my Bold's leather holster actually slipped off my jeans pocket (I don't actually wear it on my belt.) Well it actually landed in a small puddle!!! The phone didn't really get wet, just the holster. But I have my first big scuff on the top right hand corner of the silver bezel. Since the holster still exposes both top corners that's what did it. I'm thankful that the phone didn't get wet though. I was just drying everything with my life anyway.
    12-23-08 12:43 PM
    I was getting out of my car last week and my Berry fell off the clip onto the wet street! I went into panic mode!!! I dropped everything and jumped out the car to save my baby from drowning in the rain. I'm glad it's covered in a leather case it didn't get wet or damaged :-)

12-23-08 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD