Just came across this story that the newest version of android will have encryption on by default. First Apple and now android are doing things to keep data safe from law enforcement. Is this a good idea? BlackBerry offers encryption but not by default. Should 10.3 have this option on by default like android?
    Newest Androids will join iPhones in offering default encryption, blocking police - The Washington Post
    09-19-14 09:44 PM
    The question of interest is the level of encryption. I have learned a long time ago that Apple would rather put out press releases stating they are interested in security than actually doing something about it.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:06 PM
    The question is who has the encryption key and decryption key. Google will always track and spy on you regardless of encryption or not.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 10:09 PM
    Well Apple and now Android are claiming they do not have master decryption keys. So if you lose your password, you are locked out. Can someone tell me if BlackBerry has a master key if you forget the password on an encrypted BlackBerry.
    09-19-14 10:15 PM