posted via BlackBerry Z30 ( best full touch)
    11-12-15 12:30 AM
    Don't blame android, blame BlackBerry themselves.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and sentimentGX4 like this.
    11-12-15 12:31 AM
    I used nokia symbian from my childhood when there were no ios no android and no windows for mobiles
    I use all SYMBIAN mobiles from n-gage game deck to nokia n8 but approx 2011 symbian died almost cause of ****kiin android and I moved to bb10 now android killed bb10
    man were will I go haha dont like android and dont like ios man

11-12-15 12:35 AM
    I used nokia symbian from my childhood when there were no ios no android and no windows for mobiles
    I use all SYMBIAN mobiles from n-gage game deck to nokia n8 but approx 2011 symbian died almost cause of ****kiin android and I moved to bb10 now android killed bb10

Go to sailfish. Android will likely kill them too PDQ.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 11-12-15 at 01:49 PM.
    11-12-15 01:38 AM
    Yes, it's a personal vendetta - Android and you.

Don't move to WinPhone, I like WinPhone and I'd hate Android to kill it just because of their vendetta against you.
    11-12-15 04:38 AM
    Those flicking killer robots.....

Despite the seemingly 100% attention BlackBerry is putting to Android, bb10 and your z30 are not dead yet.

Just think of it as your bb10 phones will go from niche to boutique niche. Ultimately, I am waiting for uber niche status so I can be sooo flicking cool, that I will be able to hang out with the in crowd. I will be so out, that I will be in.

BlackBerry still has many high security level clients whom Android is not secure enough for. Soooo, for the time being, bb10 ain't going nowhere. Nowhere forward perhaps, but not disappearing.

Effortlessly Flicked from zee 30.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and acovey like this.
    11-12-15 06:54 AM
    You should apply for a refuge immigration to Germany or Sweden. You could tell them that the Android dictator killed all your family members.

But yes, I am on the same boat as you. I moved from Symbian to BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry 10 still is not dead yet.

Posted via CB10
    acovey likes this.
    11-12-15 10:42 AM

Windows was on mobile for about as long as Symbian. Microsoft have been making Mobile OSs longer than Google has been around, yet they still can't get it right, lol.
    11-12-15 11:01 AM
    OP, please move to iOS. I would like to see it killed.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech, BerryRipe, gebco and 2 others like this.
    11-12-15 11:11 AM

I was a Symbian user. Android didn't kill Symbian. Nokia killed Symbian. Symbian would have died regardless of whether Android appeared.

Nokia simply doesn't know how to put a smartphone together. Enjoy your 15.9 mm thick 3.5" display phone with a 434 MHz ARM11 CPU and a resistive touchscreen. (This sounded as horrible even back then as it does now.)

The only good thing about Symbian was that it was truly an open source OS.
    11-12-15 11:39 AM
    If MS made a decent QWERTY Windows phone I would actually consider happily moving over to that platform.
    11-12-15 11:41 AM
    If MS made a decent QWERTY Windows phone I would actually consider happily moving over to that platform.
    Windows 10 Mobile is far from being a finished product. And the app situation is worse than on BlackBerry 10 since Windows cannot run Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 01:03 PM
    Err Microsoft killed Symbian really
    And Microsoft would love to kill BB10

BB10 is of no concern to Android
    So yeah, blame the Windows folk :P
    11-12-15 01:29 PM
    IMHO your points are wrong. It was neither Android nor iOS which "killed" Symbian, in the end it was Nokia itself. It's not like Nokia didn't have the resources back then to actually ramp up Symbian development both in terms of software and hardware. The Finnish company was virtually the global number one in the mid 2000's, yet they simply didn't manage to react to the suddenly changing market.

They failed to respond to the initial iPhone, actually they made fun of it. Which one might understand: No 3G connection, no copy&paste, limited functionality and so on, most mid-class Nokia phones were much better in terms of features when compared to the iPhone. Yet Apple heavily started to develop their ecosystem, got a lot of hype in the media and of course helped the touchscreen to become the new standard. Google used their chance and jumped in with Android to create an OS from scratch. Nokia still didn't react.

There are enough sites out there stating the internal mess which was going on back then in the leading company. A lot of new ideas got trashed, development got stalled and, maybe worse, Nokia was also busy with the Maemo/Meego line of OS which, again internal, heavily competed with the Symbian team. Combine that with devices which kind of pissed off the customers. Remember the N97 or N97 Mini? Both had serious problems out of the box and due to faulty internal design they never lived up to their hype.

These devices also showed Nokia missed the opportunity to jump on the train for capacitive touchscreens early on, instead the relied on their resistive touchscreens. Even the Maemo powered N900, though that UI was pretty good for input without a stylus, still had a resistive screen. The N8 I think was their first competitive device using a capacitive display, yet their new Symbian^3 by far wasn't ready for a release when the device shipped.

You can turn it each way you want: Nokia messed up. They really did mess up big time. They didn't boost Symbian fast enough or at least decide to replace it with Maemo/Meego as their primary OS. They stumbled over their own legs.

More or less you can compare Nokia with BlackBerry: BlackBerry also failed to react and adjust their plattform in time to stay competitive. Today we all know how that turned out.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    11-12-15 02:40 PM
    Ultimately, I am waiting for uber niche status so I can be sooo flicking cool, that I will be able to hang out with the in crowd. I will be so out, that I will be in.
    Very inceptuous *mind blown*

Pimp slappin iGeeks, Droinerds and Windufuses with my big white Z30
    11-12-15 03:23 PM
    haha, right
    01-15-16 10:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah OP. Stop using your powers for evil.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-16 10:48 AM
    @Taigatrommel is right.

I'm a former Symbian user of 5 years and Nokia messed up big time, Samsung and Sony even showed them how to do it with s60 V5 phones but they didn't listen.

Too late with basic hardware changes, the OS has supported Multi core processors in the kernel since atleast 2009 for example; yet the wonderful 808 PureView and Second Gen Belle devices has the same old cheap ARM11 single core piece of crap.

Same with the screen resolution, Native Symbian c++ apps auto scaled and have done since they introduced Avkon (UI framework for noobs); but they kept on sticking with 640x360 (ventured to 640x480 on two devices).

Nokia screwed up and Android and Microsoft helped put a nail in its coffin.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    01-15-16 10:49 AM
    Android didn't kill anything. The consumer market killed OS's by not buying them.

BlackBerry Classic non-camera, Cricket Wireless
    01-15-16 12:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    No go to Android. Then we go back to BB10 and all went good.

Posted from my Z30 (10.3.2.2876)
    acovey likes this.
    01-15-16 01:47 PM
    Actually I killed Symbian. I was just tired of it.
    johnny_bravo72 and peednus like this.
    01-15-16 09:27 PM
    This is really funny. Cause I'm a loyal Nokia user and this is why I came to BB10 just to stay away from the Android monopoly. Nokia killed itself though for not marketing and strategizing their business. Windows phone I don't have a problem wiht. But like somebody said, I would really like if they came out with a qwerty phone.
    01-16-16 02:38 AM
    Actually I killed Symbian. I was just tired of it.
    I think Symbian is very similar to BB10. It was an operating system that did something no one wanted extremely well.

So thanks for killing it.

I just wish I could get a Psion 5 with Android or iOS on it.
    Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 09:36 AM
    I think Symbian is very similar to BB10. It was an operating system that did something no one wanted extremely well.

Posted via CB10
    It was good for its time, but it never really evolved as other players came into the market and improved on areas where Symbian was lacking.
    01-16-16 09:37 AM

Posted via CB10
    I wonder why? Is it because they have a better business model approach than our beloved BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    01-16-16 10:02 AM
35 12