I was just wondering if Blackberry has a mobile FireFox App?
    01-23-11 11:01 AM
    01-23-11 11:05 AM
    It has been suggested to the mobile idea page, maybe give it a vote to try and make this happen? *would love FF on my BB*

make an app for the blackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-11 11:20 AM
    The idea was floated around for a while to try to bring then Fennec to Blackberry, the development didn't go fast and proved to not be worth it at this time for Mozilla.
    howarmat likes this.
    01-23-11 11:31 AM
    Honestly, with the new Webkit browser and whatever QNX is going to bring to the table I find all 3rd party browsers even more useless than before.

And K_Bear is right. Much discussed but ultimately went nowhere. Kind of like SkyFire.

01-23-11 11:51 AM
    I would like a firefox app, but don't expect it and don't really need it with OS6.
    01-24-11 10:58 PM
    I don't really see FireFox improving the BB browsing experience.
    01-24-11 11:13 PM
    Firefox Mobile (Fennec) and Opera Mobile seem to be uninterested in BB due to it being Java based. Opera did port Opera Mini, but they tend to avoid platforms that do not offer native code access for their full-fledged browsers. Android and Windows Mobile does (and Symbian), but BBOS doesn't.

Yes those browsers can improve the BB browsing Experience. They have functionality similar to Chrome2Phone, among other things.

It's not just about the core browsing experience, there is value to add which doesn't exist currently in the BB browser...
    01-24-11 11:28 PM
    Firefox Mobile (Fennec) and Opera Mobile seem to be uninterested in BB due to it being Java based. Opera did port Opera Mini, but they tend to avoid platforms that do not offer native code access for their full-fledged browsers. Android and Windows Mobile does (and Symbian), but BBOS doesn't.

Yes those browsers can improve the BB browsing Experience. They have functionality similar to Chrome2Phone, among other things.

It's not just about the core browsing experience, there is value to add which doesn't exist currently in the BB browser...
    Hmm, I suppose I will have to get a device which supports Chrome or FireFox to test them out.
    01-25-11 12:21 AM
    Bolt, opera mini, uZard. and the webkit browser. Those are the good stuff, but each one will have their own experience on them.

01-25-11 03:42 AM
    Hmm, I suppose I will have to get a device which supports Chrome or FireFox to test them out.
    Chrome to phone comes in very handy. If I have to leave soon but don't feel like looking for something on my phone I can use my desktop computer to search/find it, send it to my phone, and run out.

Not to mention those browsers work very well for some sites that the webkit browsers don't necessarily work well with.

Opera Mobile is fast. I think Firefox is a memory and storage hog, personally. I know on Android the APK for Firefox Mobile is almost 14MB. That would be a showstopper for lots of BB users especially those on Curves <= 9300 and Bolds < 9780.

I think the Webkit browser is fine for most things. I mean, you can also just email yourself the link to your BIS email address and it's instantly there, as well... The Added convenience is very nice, though and I do like Opera Mobile's user interface (Firefox/Fennec, not so much... I can't stand sidebars in mobile browsers that open when you're going up and down the page because you swiped at an angle...).

That being said, I typically stick to stock browsers. The only time I installed a third party browser is when I used Windows Mobile 6.5.x. IE is better than the BB5 browser, but I still wanted something better (to display desktop web pages), so I used Opera Mobile 10.
    01-25-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD