Just wanted to say hi to all.I am a new BB user.Firefighter for 13years at the FDMT.org in montco pa.
    07-31-08 11:48 PM
    My idea:

Make a recording of your particular station's dispatch tone
    Set it as your ringtone
    Sneak your BB under a rookies bed
    Call your own number

Watch as the rookie trips over himself to get geared up while everyone else stands around laughing at him ....lmao

I had a tone generator on my laptop and would do one better.
    I created the tones that we had for the house, strung them together into one mp3, and transmitted them over the paging channel that we used at the time.

It seemed completely legit when the base radio beeped "CALL" and opened up with the very loud and rude-awakening tones. I had a lot of fun with that lil mp3 file in the following months.

Btw, thanks for all the links. I'm a Paramedic and ESU cop, so the NIOSH and ERG are good resources for me for when I'm not near the Truck and a HazMat comes in..... god forbid.

PS: CJH.... nice avatar.... forward it to me???
    Last edited by wouldya; 08-01-08 at 12:28 AM. Reason: buffy request
    08-01-08 12:26 AM
    Here is a Cheat Sheet for Handline pump pressures that I put together to help out when I am on apparatus. It gives the correct pressure for most GPM/Hose Diam/Hose Length configurations. Takes the guesswork out of it. Views great on my Curve with the bold color coding I recently added.
    08-01-08 08:04 AM
    Adam, thanks for that
    08-01-08 08:08 AM
    Yah, I don't quite have my first year on so I found it quite useful. I figure it is good for us FNG's to get all the help we can....
    08-01-08 08:38 AM
    I had the pleasure of meeting Lewis several times. He used to work at my department just outside of Charleston. I work with two of his closest friends, we are stationed together. His mother, such a sweet lady, stops by from time to time when we are on duty. He will be missed.
    03-30-09 06:43 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD