When I got my first blackberry I recall being assigned an email address for blackberry.com. How do I go about finding out what it was. Thanks!
    09-20-09 07:51 PM
    I think worst case you can call the carrier and ask.
    09-20-09 08:07 PM
    Have you changed blackberrys? Login to your bus account or call the carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-20-09 08:18 PM
    i have not changed yet.. i have a tour on the way tho.

I called verizon and they just gave me directions to find the one my blackberry is linked to. I knew that but they didnt tell me how to get my @blackberry.com address.
    09-20-09 08:42 PM
    Have you set up a web account for email yet? There's a two step process, you get the email address when you link the BB to your account, but there is also a web management part that you sign up for separately on the device. From there you can get a bunch more info.

Did you sign up for that yet or not?
    09-20-09 08:55 PM
    Hmmm, not sure. I do not believe I did. I think once I told the guy at the VZW store I had my own email we stopped there. Where can I get more info on this?
    09-20-09 09:00 PM
    Sorry, not sure where it is on your Tour. I set mine up on the 8310 and as I recall it was one of the online things, you go there through the phone browser to set it up. Someone should come along to this thread soon who knows more than I do.
    09-20-09 09:03 PM
    Wait, sorry, I am being foolish. There are a number of ways to easily find your address.

#1, open the phone profiles, go to Advanced. Then select any profile, normal, loud, etc. and edit it. Your BB email address will be in there.

#2, Show All icons on the main menu. Somewhere in there will be the mail folder icon and one will have a title that is the address of your BB email account.

#3, go to Options->Advanced->Service Book and in that list you will find it also.
    09-20-09 09:11 PM
    ok, the email address that shows up is my @gmail.com address not the one I set up with blackberry.com.

The #3 option is the same one that VZW customer service told me to do.

I am looking for the email address that was assigned to me by blackberry.com
    09-20-09 09:24 PM
    If it's not in any of those places then your phone is not picking up on the fact you have it at all. You will need to get the service books sent to the phone again.

For that you need the BB account set up and as I say I completely forget where to go and do that.
    09-20-09 09:31 PM
    You may need to actually set this up yourself. When you sign up for BIS you're ENTITLED to a carrier.blackberry.net address, but they don't assign it.

You can do this via the webpage of your carrier's BIS site.

At least that's what I did. Nobody assigned anything. I chose my own address via the BIS site.
    09-20-09 09:42 PM
    Can you log into this? https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw&locale=en

If you can, and it doesn't list it, then you don't have one. If you can, and you see it, you've just accomplished what you want.
    09-20-09 09:46 PM
    Awesome!! Thanks guys!
    09-20-09 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD