I've had my BB or a year and I only have one major annoyance. Does the calendar not have a find function? If not, is there a 3rd party add on? I like the calendar, just think there should be an easier way to find a past event or future birthday, anniversary, etc. I have been using "agenda" and scrolling and scrolling and scrolling.

Stu
    08-28-10 05:20 AM
    Go into SEARCH. The icon should be a magnifying glass (depending on your theme). You can search for specific text or "name" and select whether you want to search: Messages, Encrypted Messages, Calendar, Contacts, Memopad, Facebook, BBM, Tasks. It's a pretty darn good search tool, to be honest.
    08-28-10 05:31 AM
    Your saying use "search" from inside the calender program? I see nothing. I do find a search function for: mail and contacts. Both are accessed by hitting the BB button.
    08-28-10 05:41 AM
    From the HOME Screen, click the SEARCH icon (or if you have Dialing from the Home Screen turned off press the "S" key).

Then you will find the search options.
    08-28-10 08:26 AM
    Thanks a lot. A little awkward (would have preferred searching from inside calender), but infinitely better that what I had.
    Thanks again
    08-28-10 08:41 AM
    I don't know if this will help but in the Calendar press the BB/menu button and scroll to Show Agenda (agenda view?) - it will show all your events in a list. At least you can scroll the list to find what you want unless a search at that point is available.
    08-28-10 08:58 AM
    Using the home-screen search icon with the calendar in Agenda view is the best way to find calendar entries. For example, I enter all the Redskins games and some others of special interest as a calendar entry. I label each one "NFL-" and the name of the game. When I search for "NFL" and select Calendar (in Agenda view), all my NFL games show up in a neat list.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-28-10 09:05 AM
    I think "find" icon off the home screen is probably the best, although it appears to only search future events, can't go back to see when you had an appointment.
    08-29-10 05:47 AM
    I think "find" icon off the home screen is probably the best, although it appears to only search future events, can't go back to see when you had an appointment.
    In Agenda view, a Calendar search from the home screen returns all instances locally retained on the device, past and future. Just tested this and it shows last year's "NFL" appointments.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-29-10 09:41 AM
    Me too. The only thing wrong with agenda is when your looking for something that happened months or years ago, but don't have a clue for a narrower time frame. Lots of scrolling, For recent past Agenda is fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 01:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD