It's been 6 months since Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer bashed and essentially banned her employees from owning a berry by offering to pay for equipment and operating expenses of employee cells as long as it wasnt a berry (Quote below)
    My response has taken 6 months to get the ball rolling but this past Friday I started the domain transfer process from Yahoo small business to Go Daddy - I'm certain my $13 monthly service fee wont be missed - Thanks Marissa - you actually saved me money and I'm getting more services.

"We literally are moving the company from BlackBerrys to smartphones. One of the really important things for Yahoo's strategy moving forward is mobile."
    Apparently in Marissa Mayer's world, the Blackberry is not even a smartphone.

Read more: Watch Marissa Mayer Destroy Research In Motion In 23 Words (YHOO, RIMM) - SFGate
    bluetroll likes this.
    05-27-13 02:58 PM
    Godaddy...really? Sounds like cutting off your nose to spite your face :S
    rnhld, bekkay and Berry_Pink like this.
    05-27-13 03:10 PM
    GoDaddy really? I swapped everything I had from GoDaddy to Namecheap. Despise GoDaddy....
    rnhld likes this.
    05-27-13 03:40 PM
    doteasy.com F T W and they are Canadian.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 03:54 PM
    I'd never take my business elsewhere simply because
    That business wasn't using the phone I liked, seems petty and silly - - though i know many think it reasonable here! HOWEVER I applaud you for following through if that's what you feel you should do!

I do think that now that the z10 and
    Q10 are out, even many cb'ers could admit- even if they won't out loud - that bb was VERY far behind.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    05-27-13 04:26 PM
    Congrats, not sure on your choice there but well done on voting with your wallet, (amount or motive doesn't matter).

If your not happy don't stay...now, you just have to go to a Yahoo fan forum and complain complain complain.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-13 04:51 PM
    I am wondering what the OP will do if, for example, all gas companies also publicly state that they are moving to a different platform. Will he sell his car and buy a bike instead?

My point is why on earth would anyone base his/her decision to patronage a certain company on whether that company's employees use the phone he does or not? Shouldn't that be the least of his/her concerns? smh
    Berry_Pink and mikeo007 like this.
    05-27-13 06:48 PM
    This is silly. Many more important things to take stands on, smartphone is not one.
    bekkay likes this.
    05-27-13 07:28 PM
    Does anyone still use yahoooooooo?

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    05-27-13 07:30 PM
    They did not state they were moving to a different platform they effectively barred employees from using blackberries by refusing to pay for equipment and operating costs.
    They also since then have removed Blackberry mobile from their site.
    It was the kicker to make me move as I found another provider that offers the same services plus extras that I was looking for and all for the same price with significant discounts for the 1st year (75% off)
    Canadian Tire recently announced Berry ties and I would certainly patronize them more often as they are a Canadian company that is supporting a Canadian company.
    $'s are not my only concern - I support local at a cost where I can.
    Same with my cars - always domestic from Chevy, Oldsmobile, three fords a Cadillac and a Chrysler - Three of which were built in an Ontario facility.
    05-28-13 12:55 PM
    They did not state they were moving to a different platform they effectively barred employees from using blackberries by refusing to pay for equipment and operating costs.
    They also since then have removed Blackberry mobile from their site.
    It was the kicker to make me move as I found another provider that offers the same services plus extras that I was looking for and all for the same price with significant discounts for the 1st year (75% off)
    Canadian Tire recently announced Berry ties and I would certainly patronize them more often as they are a Canadian company that is supporting a Canadian company.
    $'s are not my only concern - I support local at a cost where I can.
    Same with my cars - always domestic from Chevy, Oldsmobile, three fords a Cadillac and a Chrysler - Three of which were built in an Ontario facility.
    Well, I hope you understand that you are actually doing a disfavor by patronizing companies not based on quality or costs, but based on where they manufacture their products or which phone their employees use.

At the same time, you should also remember that those companies do not care as much as you do about whether they are local or not. It's $'s for them.
    05-28-13 01:00 PM