Instructions for Bluetooth DUN tethering WITHOUT PDAnet (faster speeds than with PDAnet)

Download QPST 2.7.1 (build 301) [Note: you MUST get build 301, except for 8330/8330m users who should use build 215]

Essentially, you must get your SPC number. For Verizon Wireless users, your SPC number will be 000000. For all other carriers, the SPC number is encrypted and must therefore use hex editor to find it yourself. Instructions for this is here. The instructions are pretty much the same. Once you get to page 12, instead of going to the gpsOne tab, go to M.IP tab and change your tethered NAI to [email protected]. Make sure you write to phone.

HexEditor (cannot remember which particular hex editor i got, but search google and you should be able to find, might have to dig though)
    UniCDMA 0.98

NOTE** When using UniCDMA, make sure to change Mode to 'Qualcomm.' By doing this, the program was able to see my phone

Instructions for Bluetooth DUN tethering WITH PDAnet (slower speeds using PDAnet)

Requirements

• Jailbroken iPad
    • Blackberry phone (tested with blackberry storm 9530)
    • ibluever: Install from Cydia (you can try the demo for free. if demo works, ensure to uninstall before installing paid release)
    • PDAnet: PdaNet -- Use your BlackBerry as a USB Modem (click 'install pdanet 1.30' only)

1. Run ibluever from your iPad
    2. Click 'ON' You should be able to see your phone
    3. Click on blue arrow of your device to edit the following fields
    pin code: 0000 (or any combination of numbers)
    dial number: #777 (for verizon wireless)
    chat script: default non GPRS (refer to link at bottom for reference as to what options to choose)
    Authentication: On
    Sniff Mode: Off
    Waiting SDP: On
    4. Go to your blackberry bluetooth options menu and DISABLE 'dial up networking' and click save

5. Run PDANET from your blackberry device and 'Enable Bluetooth DUN'
    6. Open ibluever from your iPad, select your blackberry device and run
    7. You should now see two icons on upper right status bar of your iPad

*NOTE*
    - This will not give you 3G speeds. Bluetooth DUN using PDAnet gives about 50kB/s. Faster than edge, but half as fast as 3G. Thats fine by me, as I won't have to pay for additional data plan to verizon.
    - If you are being redirected to verizon website, ensure that 'dial up networking' is disabled in your blackberry bluetooth options.
    - For directions on other mobile carriers, please go here for reference.
    Last edited by aohus; 07-15-10 at 06:47 PM.
    rafiks, giorgosh, Mvor7 and 4 others like this.
    05-27-10 04:33 PM
    You Rock! Works like a champ, I purchased the full version. I left "Sniff Mode" ON?

Do you know how to turn this on and off? It seems to stay on all the time for me and I have to disconnect my bluetooth on my phone (BB 9700 for reference).

TMobile user settings:

Pin Code: 0000 or 1234 unless you changed it on your phone
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    Dial Number: *99#
    User name: Leave blank
    Password: Leave blank
    05-27-10 08:33 PM
    You Rock! Works like a champ, I purchased the full version. I left "Sniff Mode" ON? Do you know how to turn this on and off? It seems to stay on all the time for me and I have to disconnect my bluetooth on my phone (BB 9700 for reference).
    I leave Sniff mode off. You should be able to turn it OFF in ibluever. Developer was saying that sniff mode enabled makes your connection slower.
    Last edited by aohus; 05-27-10 at 09:39 PM.
    05-27-10 09:36 PM
    This works with the touch too!

This is so awesome! Am I dreaming? Finally. . . . . I have it all!

thanks!
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 05-28-10 at 08:35 AM.
    05-28-10 12:48 AM
    I leave Sniff mode off. You should be able to turn it OFF in ibluever. Developer was saying that sniff mode enabled makes your connection slower.
    I am having problems with the program hanging up and not loading, it just acts as if it is frozen. If I delete and reinstall, it works the first time and then hangs up again?
    05-28-10 09:18 AM
    I am having problems with the program hanging up and not loading, it just acts as if it is frozen. If I delete and reinstall, it works the first time and then hangs up again?
    are you using the demo version? Demo version connects fine, but will be disconnected after about 15-30 seconds.

also, for the use of PDAnet, i am only using this application because without it, i am redirected to a verizon site. try connecting the blackberry to the iPad without using pdanet.

if you are on t-mobile/sprint, its best to enter your APN number.
    05-28-10 12:30 PM
    [QUOTE=aohus;5173394]are you using the demo version? Demo version connects fine, but will be disconnected after about 15-30 seconds.

also, for the use of PDAnet, i am only using this application because without it, i am redirected to a verizon site. try connecting the blackberry to the iPad without using pdanet.

if you are on t-mobile/sprint, its best to enter your APN number.[/QUOT

I tested with the demo and it worked great using Tmobile APN and dial number. So I deleted the demo and purchased the full version on Cydia.

I installed the full purchased version and it logged right on using PDAnet to connect te bluetooth. Ihen I closed and reopened ibluever it just spun and spun and would do anything. I deleted the app and reinstalled and again it worked but would not reopen after the initial attempt.

I am using PDAnet as well because my blackberry 9700 will not connect to my iPad using the iPad bluetooth which I understand is normal.
    05-28-10 12:41 PM
    OK, I think I figured it out and the fact that this is a bit "buggy" as a brand new app is for sure acceptable. Using Full Force I had iBluever set to "ON". I was at a loss as to the problem, so I started looking for everything that might be wrong. I turned Full Force "OFF" for iBluever and re did the settings and viola! It seems to be working great. I will play with it more today and log on and log off multiple times to be sure it does not freeze up and repost here with my results. Thanks
    05-28-10 03:33 PM
    I installed the full purchased version and it logged right on using PDAnet to connect te bluetooth. Ihen I closed and reopened ibluever it just spun and spun and would do anything. I deleted the app and reinstalled and again it worked but would not reopen after the initial attempt.

I am using PDAnet as well because my blackberry 9700 will not connect to my iPad using the iPad bluetooth which I understand is normal.
    This is an issue that the ibluever developer needs to address.

the best way to do a full clean uninstall is to open SSH terminal and (OpenSSH must be installed on your iPad) remove the following:

1. uninstall iBluever
    2. remove /var/m0bile/Library/iBluever
    3. reinstall

please bear in mind that openssh has some issues with wifi icon missing at times. respringing resolves this issue.
    05-28-10 03:40 PM
    Problems still......I try and log on and I get "Error Chat timeout", click dismiss then hit my blackberry again and it hangs up on "Starting SDP L2CAP connection..." and stays there forever. I have deleted the program and reinstalled with the same result. Any ideas?
    05-28-10 05:03 PM

the best way to do a full clean uninstall is to open SSH terminal and (OpenSSH must be installed on your iPad) remove the following:

1. uninstall iBluever
    3. reinstall

please bear in mind that openssh has some issues with wifi icon missing at times. respringing resolves this issue.
    I dont know how to log onto the ipad SSH from my computer and perform the functions you mention. I will do a bit of digging, I do have open SSH installed on my iPad, not sure how to use my Macbook Pro to get to it?
    05-28-10 05:11 PM
    By the way, the initial try stops at "MODEM_INPUT ()" before the error chat timeout pops up
    05-28-10 05:13 PM
    I've been using this for days now!

Thanks to the aohus for a great post and for making my dreams come true!
    05-30-10 07:35 PM
    does my Verizon storm 2 have to be enabled on Verizon side to tether to my ipad?
    06-02-10 12:29 PM
    Requirements

dial number: #777 (for verizon wireless)
    This tells me you need to be with Big Red or find the dial code for your carrier.
    06-02-10 07:10 PM
    This tells me you need to be with Big Red or find the dial code for your carrier.
    - For directions on other mobile carriers, please go here for reference.
    06-02-10 09:13 PM
    Thanks for this great info!!!!

I am using the iBluever demo right now, and it disconnects after about 15-30 seconds... I am hoping it is just a limitation with the demo version of the software. Did anyone else have this issue while using the demo, and if so, was the issue resolved when purchasing the full version?

I just want to be sure it is a common issue with the demo, and nothing else is to blame before I purchase the full version.

Thanks again!
    06-03-10 12:21 PM
    Thanks for this great info!!!!

I am using the iBluever demo right now, and it disconnects after about 15-30 seconds... I am hoping it is just a limitation with the demo version of the software. Did anyone else have this issue while using the demo, and if so, was the issue resolved when purchasing the full version?

I just want to be sure it is a common issue with the demo, and nothing else is to blame before I purchase the full version.

Thanks again!
    Yes, this is a demo limitation. Buying the app resolves this issue. Just remember to fully uninstall ibluever demo.
    06-03-10 01:47 PM

1. uninstall iBluever
    3. reinstall

I did all of the above, but its still not working for me. After two times using the full version (yes I downloaded the trial first to make sure it would work, and then I removed it, installed the full version, worked great. Then I had problems so I removed the full version, used SSH to delete the folder, and re-installed, still doesn't work.)

It just hangs at Modem_input () and then gives me a chat timeout message. went so far as to tweak the script to timeout after 45s, no deal still doesn't want to connect.
    06-03-10 02:56 PM
    I figured out the problem, all I had to do was stop and restart the pdanet service on the phone and then it worked fine again, hope this helps someone.
    06-03-10 03:27 PM
    The plot thickens......So I deleted PDANET off my blackberry 9700 and re checked DUN in bluetooth settings.

I had bluetooth turned "on" on my iPad and downloaded ibluever again. After I ran ibluever the first time, it error ed out (PPP connection). I turned bluetooth "off" on the iPad and went back into ibluever. In the settings for my blackberry in ibluever, I have the following:

PIN code: 0000
    Access Point: epc.tmobile.com
    Dial Number: *99#
    Account: blank
    Password: blank
    Chat Script: Default w/ custom addition at end of script just above SAY 'Successfullyg connected': IPCP_NAK 1000

I went back and and tried to connect to my bb and low and behold, it connected right away and gave me the green check mark. I went to the internet and surfed three or four sites for about three minutes and they loaded fine, then stopped and gave me time out errors for three or four more sites I tried. The phone stayed connected, but no activity. I tried mail as well and nothing would load there either.

My phone also showed "Modem Enabled in the home screen as it does when I log on to it with my Macbook Pro for a tether connection.

It seems with my blackberry 9700, PDANET is not necessary, but obviously there are still issues with it freezing and giving timeout errors.

I really look forward to getting this to work.
    06-04-10 01:56 PM
    I've been wanting to try this even though I have a 3G iPad. I haven't activated the 3G on it yet.

So tonight, I just jailbroke my iPad and downloaded iBluever.

I kept getting an error when I would turn iBluever on. ("Bluet00th daemon disconnected unexpectedly!") It was frustrating me. So I went into my iPad settings and disabled Bluetooth and iBluever then worked.

My settings were:

pin code: 0000 (or any combination of numbers)
    dial number: #777 (for Bell Mobility)
    chat script: default non GPRS
    Authentication: On
    Sniff Mode: Off
    Waiting SDP: On

It's great to know that I have other options now when I want internet access.
    06-05-10 09:42 PM
    So tonight, I just jailbroke my iPad and downloaded iBluever.

Exactly where have you downloaded it? I've searched the Internet including the site of Cydia and iBluever, and I could see no download section of iBluever.

Do you have the URL for the iBluever download?

Thanks.
    06-09-10 03:18 AM
    Exactly where have you downloaded it? I've searched the Internet including the site of Cydia and iBluever, and I could see no download section of iBluever.

Do you have the URL for the iBluever download?

Thanks.
    Have you jailbroke your iPad? If you do then Cydia is automatically installed on the iPad.

Then you just open Cydia, search for iBluever, pay $5 for it, and install it.
    06-09-10 09:17 AM
    Thank you for the reply.
    Yeah I've jailbroken it and had Cydia, but somehow could not find the iBluever at the forefront, but after noting your advice to"search" for it at Cydia, I have finally found it! (I'm kind of newbie at iPad; and I had never used iPhone either)

It's ok now; I'm trying iBluever. It's the most important application for me to use with my WiFi iPad.
    06-09-10 10:07 AM
306 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD