Hi Folks,

I thought to share this exciting news regarding probably the best Twitter alternative for BlackBerry at last. I find it such because it is the end of 2019 and yet BlackBerry keeps being treated as a dying out platform.

I have been (for some time now) trying to find a way around Blaq. Because everyone knows currently there aren't many native alternatives to Twitter for BlackBerry except 'Twittly For Twitter' and 'Bird10', the latter of which is still under development, and I wanted to have a working version of Blaq for such a long time.

The chance to come across Blaq on the web as a downloadable link apart from BB World is practically non-existent, especially if one never had the app installed on their device! So, how one goes about finding & downloading Blaq from the web with no working ways to do it?

The answer is fortunately not that complex. Now, do you remember the app called 'Smart Tags'? The same should come pre-installed with your BB device. Head over to it and open it.

Then on your computer, navigate to the following link https://www.blackberrybase.eu/showth...it-Version-1-5

The above is an old German article on Blaq. You don't need to read it, just head over to the QR-Barcode at the end of the article and with the Smart Tags app open on your device press scan (make sure your device is connected to the Internet before doing that!).

At this stage the app should recognise the barcode and should present you with a working BB World link. Click on it and it should take you to the latest version of Blaq. Mine is 1.6.2.

It appears there is a small drawback when using the app though, retweets & direct messages don't seem to load, but the rest is working. If you find a way around these, please let me know.

That's it!
    If you find the above post very useful just make sure to mention me or feel free to treat! Cheers!

Kaloyan
    Attached Thumbnails Finally Sorted!: Blaq v1.6 For BB10 Found, Installed & Working On BB Passport-img_20191123_163207.jpg   Finally Sorted!: Blaq v1.6 For BB10 Found, Installed & Working On BB Passport-img_20191123_163308.jpg   Finally Sorted!: Blaq v1.6 For BB10 Found, Installed & Working On BB Passport-img_20191123_163318.jpg  
    Thud Hardsmack and Mecca EL like this.
    11-23-19 09:48 AM
    Nice find - many here will appreciate this, I'm sure.
    AccanthusSpring likes this.
    11-23-19 10:01 AM
    11-23-19 10:05 AM
    BlackBerry keeps being treated as a dying out platform.
    Kaloyan
    The fact is BB10 is dying almost dead, especially from the app ecosystem perspective.

Acceptance of that fact and not being upset or irritated by it though is very important. Unfortunately, developers have largely abandoned BB10 and continue to do so. Twitter itself doesn’t want to support anything but first party self-developed Android/iOS specific apps. Be sure to support those remaining native BB10 third party developers. Good luck.
    11-23-19 10:16 AM
    Thanks, but this link will only work if one had the app installed upfront and then deleted it. I never had it installed and it is therefore a non-working solution.
    My post is for those who never had the app installed, but really wanted to find a way to do it.
    11-23-19 10:22 AM
    Thanks, but this link will only work if one had the app installed upfront and then deleted it. I never had it installed and it is therefore a non-working solution.
    My post is for those who never had the app installed, but really wanted to find a way to do it.
    It is the exact link provided by your QR code - it was copied directly from that.
    Last edited by conite; 11-23-19 at 02:33 PM.
    11-23-19 10:26 AM
    It appears there is a small drawback when using the app though, retweets & direct messages don't seem to load, but the rest is working. If you find a way around these, please let me know.
    Retweets work - I can retweet and also see my own. Direct messages won't load, I don't see a way around that.
    11-23-19 03:19 PM
    Retweets work - I can retweet and also see my own. Direct messages won't load, I don't see a way around that.
    Good to know. Did you find a way around it or they just work for you? Mine won't load at all.
    11-24-19 03:45 AM
    Good to know. Did you find a way around it or they just work for you? Mine won't load at all.
    No workaround for retweets - they worked immediately after install using 'regular', plus they show up when viewing retweets from the side menu.
    11-24-19 07:01 PM