Shame not everyone can be such a genius as you.

OK, I'm done bothering with you if that's how you choose to engage me.
    12-19-13 09:22 PM
    OK, I'm done bothering with you if that's how you choose to engage me.
    Thank God.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CB Forums mobile app
    12-19-13 09:28 PM
    Actually they do. After Timothy McVeigh, there were a number of laws passed restricting access to the components used in the production of that bomb.

Sure they do. The perp loses their right to drive a car, thus taking the car out of the equation for future acts of vehicular violence by the same individual.

No, but deaths by vehicle crash wouldn't happen without vehicles either. There is a balance that can be achieved there. I for one am not happy with the fact that weapon violence in the USA is 3 to 5 times higher than most "advanced" countries in the world. Are you?

Your personal firearms are not going to protect you from the government, in any remote current reality I can think of. We are not living on the set of "Gunsmoke" here. (They might protect you from a violent trespasser or a mugger, or they might not, or they could actually make matters worse. Depends on lots of variables. I will grant you that they might make you feel safer, but that's a very different thing.)

(Edit: Sorry for the tangential drivel, this is my last post on this here unless someone addresses me directly.)
    I wonder who were the first to face the British soldiers during the American Revolution? Oh right, regular citizens with their personal weapons.

And sure the military has new weapons now, but people always forget that the military are made up of real people, not robots. If the government tells them to treat our own citizens as aggressors, bet your money that there will be more than a few high ranking officials that would take the side of the people. But having an armed populous is definitely a deterrent from the government turning to such an extreme.

But anyway, I predicted there will be the "it can't happen here and now" argument, and I'm sure that argument was raised in the 1930's in Europe as well... But that's fine, keep feeling completely safe and complacent. Complacency has never harmed anyone has it?? Oh wait...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    12-20-13 05:02 AM
    I wonder who were the first to face the British soldiers during the American Revolution? Oh right, regular citizens with their personal weapons.

And sure the military has new weapons now, but people always forget that the military are made up of real people, not robots. If the government tells them to treat our own citizens as aggressors, bet your money that there will be more than a few high ranking officials that would take the side of the people. But having an armed populous is definitely a deterrent from the government turning to such an extreme.

But anyway, I predicted there will be the "it can't happen here and now" argument, and I'm sure that argument was raised in the 1930's in Europe as well... But that's fine, keep feeling completely safe and complacent. Complacency has never harmed anyone has it?? Oh wait...

Since this is far off topic and because to effectively respond would just go even further afield, I will just agree to disagree at this point. I truly appreciate your ability to have a courteous discussion despite large philosophical differences and that goes far in my book.

All the best.
    12-20-13 08:25 AM
    Since this is far off topic and because to effectively respond would just go even further afield, I will just agree to disagree at this point. I truly appreciate your ability to have a courteous discussion despite large philosophical differences and that goes far in my book.

All the best.
    You're right man. The one thing on topic about this is that is the very reason I don't like Piers Morgan. He's only professional and composed when he's winning the argument. The second he has a guest that's proving him wrong and winning the discussion, he becomes a little beligerent and starts throwing a fit... He's not the type of guy that would admit he is wrong when all of his points are disproven, which happens quite often on his show, especially when it comes to the topic of guns.

So, you and I can disagree without throwing insults, but this guy that tries to act like he's better than everyone on tv can't... *shakes head*

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    m1a1mg and Omnitech like this.
    12-20-13 11:55 AM
    Please end this thread. It started as BlackBerry related and turned into a political argument.

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    12-20-13 07:56 PM
156 ... 567