Wow, this is awesome. I can't wait to try it out. I've already downloaded Shazam. Crackberry is in full effect again.
    04-01-09 02:20 AM
    You need to download it OTA on your BB. mobile.blackberry.com
    The site says you can download it from your PC as well as OTA.
    the last page before you hit download it says you need to be in USA or canada......
    i have a bold, running on 4.6 and i have a data plan in the uk, why won't it download? this makes no sense

I'm in the same boat as you, perhaps it's Orange?
    04-01-09 02:30 AM
    the last page before you hit download it says you need to be in USA or canada......
    can we work around this using wifi and a proxy or smth ?
    04-01-09 02:34 AM
    I'm in the same boat as you, perhaps it's Orange?
    I hope not but it probbaly is. I'm on a Curve with Orange and it says requirements aren't met.
    04-01-09 03:20 AM
    Funny that almost all the top 25 downloads are free ones...I have a feeling it's gonna be like that for a while...just fine for me...I like this application...very easy on the eyes and user friendly...
    04-01-09 03:24 AM
    I think the problem might be between RIM and all the UK networks that have blackberries in their range Vodafone mods on their forum site are saying they are getting the same error messages on their talkplans as well. I see this as a massive let down to go with the official firmware delays.

I feel massively let down by the issues. I mean I pay my money for the service provided by vodafone and twice already they have let me and a lot of others down.

Surely there is something people can do like contacting offcom who regulate the mobile companies and see if they can give the companies a nudge and a warning about providing a good product and after sales instead of what I feel as being a half arsed service with no after sales cares for the poor people (me included who have signed up for a long contract) and have been constantly let down.
    04-01-09 03:32 AM
    Having the same problem with a Bold on Orange UK. I'm not even going to bother calling them, I simply can't face the prospect of trying to explain what a BlackBerry app store is.
    04-01-09 03:36 AM
    you dont have to download ota. you can also do it through ur computer

check out bottom of this link:

BlackBerry - BlackBerry App World Download
    04-01-09 03:37 AM
    This app pwns!! Just downloaded the free pool game for my bold...
    04-01-09 03:40 AM
    @kainharkins it's not just Vodafone, all the networks are the same. Customer service doesn't really come into it.

You wouldn't believe some of the conversations I've had with Orange on a range of issues. Absolutely diabolical.
    04-01-09 03:44 AM
    Having the same problem with a Bold on Orange UK. I'm not even going to bother calling them, I simply can't face the prospect of trying to explain what a BlackBerry app store is.
    This sounds familiar, I'd say my baby nephew would have better luck sorting out problems better than Orange customer service.

Hopefully for some reason AppWorld isn't live in the UK yet and it will be in the next couple of hours, I hope anyway.
    04-01-09 03:51 AM
    In Spain can�t install!!!
    App "world" and only for US, Canada and UK???
    Damm it
    Last edited by juanito979; 04-01-09 at 03:56 AM.
    04-01-09 03:52 AM
    the app world app looks pretty nice...RIM did a GOOD JEORB!
    good job my @#$*head! RIM can kiss my a55 for giving asia the miss...big mistake Mikey cuz that's where the BIG money is at.
    04-01-09 03:55 AM
    @kainharkins it's not just Vodafone, all the networks are the same. Customer service doesn't really come into it.

You wouldn't believe some of the conversations I've had with Orange on a range of issues. Absolutely diabolical.
    Yeah I know it's not working on other networks as well Mish. With regards to the Orange customer services I worked for them 8 years ago so I know exactly what you mean about the conversations. Luckily I was one of those people who always stayed on a call and made sure the phone problem was corrected before I let the caller go. I must admit I wish there were more people like I was there now. If you get what I mean.
    04-01-09 04:03 AM
    im in the uk with a bold on t-mobile and have absolutely no problems.
    04-01-09 04:06 AM
    but... i cant seem to find shazam?!
    04-01-09 04:08 AM
    Just FYI...

"BlackBerry App World is only available to customers in US, Canada and UK and may not be available on all networks"

but... i cant seem to find shazam?!
    It's on mine as #1 Top Download...
    04-01-09 04:14 AM
    they call it APP WORLD?

for RIM the world is only USA, UK and Canada ???

why call it 'WORLD'? they should have called APP USA & CANADA & UK...

COME ON!

D
    04-01-09 04:28 AM
    Does it have an ota link? Would like to try it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 04:33 AM
    wont let me download it, says my device doesnt meet the system requirements.... how crap..

am on orange aswell... so what can i do?
    Last edited by martyn; 04-01-09 at 04:58 AM.
    04-01-09 04:52 AM
    Just hold your horses guys, the app world will come out for every one. They cant release it to the whole world at one time, their servers would go up in smoke cause every one would be hitting the server at one time. They have to release it in stages.
    04-01-09 05:03 AM
    Downloaded this morning onto my Bold and it installed correctly..did a battery pull and once it booted back up...i decided to give it a test run...sadly it doesnt work...keeps giving me a message saying that i need a data plan...WTF??...of course ive got a data plan but it wont let me connect..deleted it and retried again but no go.

Im in the UK with tmobile and so dont understand why it wont connect??.
    04-01-09 05:05 AM
    Actually, O2 and T-Mobile in the UK work without any issues - so it is a problem with Orange/Vodafone.
    Doesnt work on my Bold and im with Tmobile.
    04-01-09 05:07 AM
103 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD