02-28-12 06:43 PM
42 12
tools
    Simple fix eh I carry both my 9900 and playbook;p
    02-28-12 03:48 PM
    Chrisy,

Truthfully? To light a fire under BlackBerry's . I waited for a year to return to BlackBerry, and this is as close as they've come to catching up?

I some people like to help with positive reinforcement. I'm not one of them. I like to help by being sarcastic, critical, and overbearing.

Easy...
    Then go to Android. Why make yourself miserable using a device you hate? Then it follows you can post in Android Central instead of posting inflammatory threads here in a BlackBerry forum.

What are you looking for here? Do you want us to beg you to stay BlackBerry? Or validate your decision to leave? Either one seems rather immature and pointless.

You're cluttering up our forums.
    recompile, Spencerdl and grover5 like this.
    02-28-12 03:51 PM
    Well... Well... Well...... I am finding the more I spend time here the more I am finding "some users" very self important.... It comes down to what do you want to use your phone for.... To trash any phone and I do not care which one is rather childish... OK it does not do want you want ....SO WHAT..... then why not just change phones and be done with it... No it seems people today have to have their pound of flesh....

News Flash.... just because the phone does not suit you does not mean it doesn't suite me... It does not make it useless..... I have a torch 9800... absolutely love it.... Is it behind the curve technologically speaking.... abosolutley.... But you know " a funny thing" it does everthing "I" want and then some.....

I live in a small town and service computers for a living... People many times bring me thier smart phones to be configured or dignosed..... Everyone asks which phone is the best... My answer.. the one that does what you want it to do....

I refuse to play keep up with the "Jone's or the Guy with the most toys wins" mentality... The sad part is those who buy into this are the ones who are never fully satisfied with what they have because get what there is always something "better" coming down the road or out there right now...... These are the peope who have an overwheming need to let the world know how "p#@@' off they are......

Those off the Apple and Android land... good luck... remember the paraphrased old saying....

"The grass is always greener with the next new smartphone.....
    Spencerdl, grover5, tack and 1 others like this.
    02-28-12 04:07 PM
    Chrisy,

Oh the irony...
    02-28-12 04:07 PM
    02-28-12 04:10 PM
    Not really. I left CrackBerry when I got my Android. I'm Chrisy on androidforums.com. Go check it out. And stay awhile.
    02-28-12 04:12 PM
    I might get flamed for siding with the OP here, but he does have a point.

People browse these forums all the time to gauge how others feel about using smartphones. And yes I too have switched devices many times. But as these devices, and to an even greater extent, the apps for these devices, progress and make our lives easier/better, RIM has left their products whither on the vine. And when devs are no longer drawn to your products, they simply won't waste their resources developing apps for you.

Example - my son has major problems with spelling (he's 10). When I had my 9930, I searched high and low for an app to help him with his spelling tests. There was nothing in App World. My wife had an iPhone 4 and found a $1 spelling app where you could type in the spelling word, then record the word with your voice. My boy practices his spelling this way, and it has helped him immensely. I got an iPhone 4 also so he could use my phone too.

For the OP - the deal breaker is wifi hotspot. For me it's the spelling app. And for someone else it could be something goofy like Angry Birds. But I think it's important for people to realize that if they go for a BB, the apps are just not as good/as plentiful as they are in the App Store or the Market. It is definitely a trade off you have to be willing to make.

To the OP - RIM can charge top dollar for the 9900/9930 because they still are the best messaging devices on planet earth, and they have the best notification system, which I can't believe the others have not copied this functionality.
    bobauckland likes this.
    02-28-12 04:40 PM
    To reiterate, this was not a troll post. The things that BlackBerry does well, it does better than ANYONE OUT THERE. I am one of the few people who seem to really like the BlackBerry 7 UI. I like to tuck my applications away in folders. I can't stand all of those screens on Android, or the tray that doesn't allow you to stick your apps into folders (there are workarounds for this--I used one of the launcher programs but can't rememer the name--that allowed me to shut off screens, and create folders.) Android's is bad, but iPhone's is considerably worse, in my opinion.

The keyboard I absolutely LOVE on the Bold. Like I said, I write 3,000 words a day over and above the long emails I send and texts. You just can't do that on a touch-screen only phone. Not even close.

I also like the integrated email, being able to check and respond to emails without having to launch an application. Priceless.

I was unhappy with my Android and longed to return to the BlackBerry just because of these things. But to finally return, and find it so horribly lacking in areas that other smartphone users take for granted? That disappoints me, and pisses me off.

What I would like (and wonder why it's too much to ask of smartphone manufacturers)--is the Bold 9900 form factor, with a good, modern operating system.

Right now it's a sacrifice any way you go. If you go with android or iphone, you sacrifice keyboard. If you go for BlackBerry, you sacrifice cutting-edge technology and ability.

I'm hoping my unhappiness with this phone is fleeting, and tomorrow I will be content all over again. I'll have to figure something out in terms of wi-fi hotspot, however. That's a non-negotiable for me. I already pay $100 a month for unlimited data, talk, and text. There's no way in I'm going to throw another $15 on top of that for something that is free on other phones.
    I am a long time TMO subscriber. Judging from your monthly bill, I believe that you perhaps have 5GB unlimited data on your BB. If this is true, you should call TMO CS and ask for a free WiFi hotspot upgrade.

Why? Right around a few weeks ago TMO has a campaign for upgrading unlimited data to 5GB or more on BB and you will automatically receive a free WiFi hotspot data streaming. For anyone, for example, has 2GB unlimited BB data plan, the additional cost will only be $10 per month.

I do not know if TMO still have this deal going, but you should check it out.

Good luck.
    02-28-12 05:01 PM
    Wi-fi hotspot most certainly IS free on my Android device. I used it for a year and never paid one red cent for it. Those that suggest such a thing, haven't used the feature on their Android device on T-Mobile.
    It is not free, you are stealing it. Call tmobil and ask them!! Troll
    02-28-12 05:02 PM
    How much do you get paid to write anti RIM nonsense on the net?
    I'll finish reading the thread momentarily but had to comment on this. It's ridiculous. Those that are paid to write about RIM do so in much larger venues than crackberry. There is plenty of bad press on major news sites, financial sites, major blogs etc. that no one would waste money paying someone to talk down the blackberry on an enthusiast site. Use some common sense. RIM have all the bad press they could ever use because of their inaction, not because of crackberry members. Let it go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-28-12 05:59 PM
    Did RIM misrepresent the device or did you fail to do research on your new phone before purchasing it? You should see what "dealbreakers" you have before dropping cash for a new device. And definitely see if/what your carrier charges for the services that you have to have.

Just my thoughts.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-28-12 06:14 PM
    LOL....OK OP. Two highly inflammatory posts in one day. Needing a bit of attention?

Enjoy your new device. Enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Skyrocket.

And you have succeeded in your goal of being overbearing. Quite successful.
    02-28-12 06:27 PM
    Skyrocket? Didn't you have a different Android not too long ago?
    02-28-12 06:31 PM
    Skyrocket? Didn't you have a different Android not too long ago?
    Yup, an Atrix. Which I still have. After my initial battles with it and learned my way around it, deleted MotoBlur, and came to peace with it.

I then fell in love with the white Skyrocket. And I got it.

So now I've got my collection of BBerries, to which I just added the 9370, and two Android devices....the Atrix and the Skyrocket.
    02-28-12 06:35 PM
    Make like the wind and blow already...
    02-28-12 06:36 PM
    Is it too late for this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Yeah, it's too late...
    02-28-12 06:37 PM
    Is it too late for this?

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...t-here-260887/

Yeah, it's too late...
    Aaaawww, it's OK supine ursine. Everyone deserves to have a dramatic exit if that's what's wanted.

Let him have his moment....somebody strike up Auld Lang Syne...
    02-28-12 06:43 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD