What's the best way to do this:

I was going to add the phone numbers of the parents of all my students into my BlackBerry so that in case of an emergency/misbehavior I can call the parent without having to look up their number.

However, I want to set it up so that their numbers are "hidden" until I have to call them.

Should I set their numbers under the Business filter and then the rest under the Personal filter? Is there an easier way to do this than to go back into every number and set it to Personal?
    03-26-07 09:29 AM
    I would either create a filter called "Delinquents" and as you said have the other filtered under Personal...

Or Save them to your Sim Card and just load it where necessary?

Does that make sense?
    03-26-07 09:35 AM
    I'm with Sprint so I don't have a Sim card.

There's an option in the Phone where it says New Group... but I can't figure out what that does and how to work it...
    03-26-07 09:53 AM
    Ah - theres your trouble...

I would filter it i guess....but if you go to New Group -->Add Member....

That shoudl work, but i am guessign you need to save the numbers first?
    03-26-07 09:56 AM
    Ah - theres your trouble...

I would filter it i guess....but if you go to New Group -->Add Member....

That shoudl work, but i am guessign you need to save the numbers first?

Lol, I don't know why Sprint doesn't have sim cards... I think that's the greatest invention!

I tried to Add Member but I can't figure out how... when I click on Add Member it takes me to my address book, but then there aren't any options that correspond to the Grouping...
    03-26-07 10:09 AM
    I think you need to add the person to your address book first then go into New Group --> Add member --> Select it from your address book
    03-26-07 10:17 AM
    I did that. It takes me to the address book and when I click on the name of the person I'd like to add, the choices are:
    Beyond 411
    Filter
    New Address
    View
    Edit
    Options
    Cancel
    03-26-07 10:34 AM
    Hmm Need to look into this!

I get the same....other perhaps your easiest option IS to have Personal and Business...

Although this IS going to bug me....
    03-26-07 10:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD