I connected my Curve 8520 to my husband's laptop with the bluetooth, and my phone says I can send him pics, music, and files via bluetooth, so we tried it one day, and it said sending, but after about a half hour we gave up on it. Does anyone else have these issues or are we doing something wrong to make the connection so darn slow?
    06-06-10 10:43 AM
    Bluetooth file transfer is just slow, especially when sending larger files like songs that are around 5 MB or so.
    06-06-10 11:04 AM
    While you probably did it right - did you initiate RECEIVE on the laptop. Both sides must take an "active" interest in the connection. But it definitely can be slow. And, frankly, the one file at a time is tedious. I'd like an app that allows me to tag files and then send and/or receive them to/from the BB.
    06-07-10 08:38 AM
    The sad part was, I was just trying to send him a picture, it was under 1mb, he needed as a reference and I didn't have the com cable with me, both his com and my phone said they were connected and in good standing, and it said that it was transferring, but it took almost a half hour to get even 3% done, so we just gave up and went home to get the cable. Don't get me wrong, bluetooth is pretty damn amazing, but not when it comes to file sharing/transfers
    08-03-10 06:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD