ok, i know this is a frequently asked/talked about topic, but i've done EVERYTHING i should to keep my memory pretty freed up, and it's still not as much as what other people have...i don't get it!

i've had my bb for about 3wks now and since day 3 i've done a battery pull almost every other day, alt+lglg, clear my browser cache, all my media has been stored on a sd card from day 1, phone shuts off nightly, all sms/mms & emails are cleared once read and i only have a few apps on my phone (berrybuzz, myalarms, weathereye, facebook & 3jam threaded sms free trial *downloaded today) and yet i only have 21,xxx,xxx free on my phone...i notice others have much more...is it specifically other bbs and i'm doing pretty good on my memory, or what? i have deleted help, tasks, and most other apps that i don't use or are suggested in freeing up memory.

i'm scared to get more apps since it seems that i add a couple and then i'm down to 10,xxx,xxx.

what am i not doing? or...is my free memory good for a 8320?
    04-12-09 10:20 PM
    Look and make sure there aren't any unused languages or the free video on it still. You're OK with 22k. I think my Pearl had around 28k free. Most apps don't use much memory, they run stuff off the browser usually. Don't get OC about pulling the battery all the time. The free memory goes down after you pull it and then it hits a certain level and stays there. Goes up and down. My wife didn't pull her pearl battery for almost 2 years (refused) and she was fine. She didn't have many apps but so what?
    04-12-09 10:28 PM
    I have had my 8320 for 8 months and I can't get anything over what you have either. As BK said above, the curve doesn't have as much memory as some of the newer BBs do.

The amount you have is good and will allow your BB to run at or right at optimal speed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 10:31 PM
    21mb on OS 4.5 is quite good. I helped a friend optimize her OS
    I expected her to start from a clean OS install at around 26mb.
    She didn't, She started at 22mb.

The one thing I determined is that the 8320 OS is a little bit
    "fatter" because of all the additional WiFi stuff in the OS.
    04-12-09 10:35 PM
    phew, well this is good to know! i'm glad to hear that this is a normal "memory" place to be

thanks for the quick responses
    04-12-09 10:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD