Hello all bb addicts like myself! I have no idea about file free and what it all means or how much I should have! My file free on my 8330 is 13499121. What does this mean in terms of kb or mb for unused storage and how much should I have for my curve to run proficiently? Thanks to all in advance for any help given!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 01:16 PM
    Check this link...

crackberry.com/video-tutorial-how-free-memory-your-blackberry
    11-16-08 01:21 PM
    It is in bites and 13xxxxxx means about 13mb of memory free I use a pearl I stay around 17 or 18mb free but I deleted a lot of useless apps and the curve has more memory to start with than a pearl but I have to have 12mb or my BB starts deleting stuff itself hope this helps

11-16-08 01:26 PM
    You want to have 12,000,000 free bytes in order for your BB to function smoothly. If you go below this amount, your BB will start to delete the least important items, which include texts emails and call logs. If you need to free up space, check out this link: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

11-16-08 01:33 PM
    Thx for the inf o all. Ur awesome!!

11-16-08 01:39 PM
    Welcome aboard!

11-16-08 01:47 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-16-08 03:33 PM
    all u need to know if its in the millions, your good, just keep your msgs folders and call logs and memory clean especially use a memory card for media and you wont ever have to worry about it, but your memory there is good
    11-16-08 03:40 PM
    To the OP, 13 xxx xxx is very low for an 8330. How long has it been since you did a battery pull? Once you get below 12 xxx xxx, you will start having problems.
    11-16-08 04:42 PM
    Yeah I went back and looked at it and I was at 4 mil bytes. Then I done the battery pull and it went up to 20mil bytes. How did this happen just by doing the pull? Now its going between 18 to 20 and won't stay steady. Is that normal? Also real quick. How do we suscribe to threads on our bb? I know how to do it on the pc but can't figure it out on my bb. Help please! Thx

11-16-08 09:21 PM
    The battery closed all of your apps and cleared any processes
    that were using memory. Your memory can go up and down a
    little based on what apps you have open at a given time. Just
    make sure when you are done with an app to properly close it by
    pressing the menu key and selecting close or exit.

I would be a bit concerned that out of 96mb of memory you
    are starting with only 20mb's.

I can't answer the subscribe question as I almost never use
    the wap site. I'd rather have unanesthesised dental work.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-16-08 at 09:33 PM.
    11-16-08 09:30 PM
    that means you have about 13.5 mg left on device i think.
    11-16-08 09:56 PM
    Why don't u use the wap site?

11-16-08 10:10 PM
    Why don't u use the wap site?
    Personal preference. To me it is a cumbersome, cluttered mess. I haven't used
    that thing in months.
    11-16-08 10:23 PM
    AG, it sounds like you don't have the WAP viewing options set correctly. The default settings don't work well. For better performance on wap pages, check all the boxes in Options / Browser Configuration. "Support Style Sheets" is critical for the wapforums pages to display properly.
    11-16-08 10:43 PM
    Personal preference. To me it is a cumbersome, cluttered mess. I haven't used
    that thing in months.
    See, I use wap all the time due to the convenience and yet I'm always shocked when I can see it on a computer.

11-16-08 10:45 PM
    Thanks Jeff, but I got all that covered. It just never appealed to
    me from day one, and since I really don't have a need to be on
    when away from my PC or my laptop (which I almost always have),
    it's no biggie. Again just preference.
    11-16-08 11:27 PM
    Yeah, I'd have been surprised if you didn't. But I pointed it out to another very high post count user a while back and she was astonished by it. So I figured I'd mention it again. Sometimes it's the little stuff that slips right by us. Norman Augustine got it right: "Seldom are we plagued by lions. More often we suffer the ignominy of being eaten by ducks. -- Norman Augustine, "Augustine's Laws""
    11-16-08 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD