Time after time since the launch of BB10 I've seen thread after thread on retail stores pushing people away from, frankly, any other phone - not just the Z30, Z10, Q10 or Q5, but also everything else and towards a Samsung. We all know the reasons for that, it's because Samsung have hit on something that in sales terms is very, very smart and commissioned their phones very, very well. Fair play to them and everyone else, not just BlackBerry, should take note.

BUT.

This has led to a shedload of customers being misinformed and sold phones that do not suit their needs. The reps aren't asking what the customer needs, they're simply doing what they are educated to do and they are telling the customers they NEED a Samsung (well done Samsung!). In the majority of cases that I read, the reps actually are supremely educated on the Samsung products and know very little about anything else. Indeed, they have been so mightily educated on it that they are utterly disparaging on anything else, not just BB but we've heard all the twaddle enough now.

I also experienced this myself recently with a colleague who is now in receipt of an SG4 which he got because he was told, by the rep, that BB are dead. He is a BB OS7 stalwart and the device is completely unsuited to him. A Q10 would have been perfect for him (heavy messaging, no apps required, HUB definitely needed!) and a Z10/Z30 at a push. Now he's really struggling with it.

So, whether this is BlackBerry's last hurrah or not, I am emboldened by this march of utter disinformation to lay down the following challenge to us all. And I shall go first (unless you get there before me).

Next week I shall purposely go into a store and tell them I am looking for a new phone with no intention of buying one. I fully expect to be 'guided' toward a Samsung very quickly. Once they have told me that I should have it (they never say why you should have it, by the way, just that you should) I shall take out my new improved Z10 running 10.2 and ask them why the Samsung they are trying to sell me is better then the phone I currently have.

And I shall post my results here for anyone who is interested.

Anyone else fancy having a go?
    10-26-13 05:15 PM
    Subscribed for results
    raino likes this.
    10-26-13 05:19 PM
    haha wish i had the time for all this, but this sounds exciting. Let us know the results!
    10-26-13 05:22 PM
    First of all you're wasting a sales person's time with no intention of buying anything which is pretty lame.
    Secondly your point is unclear, Samsung phones have great marketing yes, but what exact needs would someone need to present with to be guided towards BB10 devices and uncertainty, at least before Nov 4th?
    Thirdly if the sales person has even a bit of tech knowledge, they'll prolly depress you and show you tonnes of things you can do on an Android device that you can't do on BB10, and that's coming from me who's using BB10 as my main device, although a Q10 and so for the keyboard more than anything else.

As a side note, I've noticed i can't think of a single post you've made in someone else's thread. You only seem to want to create your own threads and post in there. Sometimes you'll find loads of your points are made in other threads, but then you start another one, and it never get's shut down. Weird.
    h20work, JR A, Etios and 11 others like this.
    10-26-13 05:22 PM
    First of all you're wasting a sales person's time with no intention of buying anything which is pretty lame.
    Secondly your point is unclear, Samsung phones have great marketing yes, but what exact needs would someone need to present with to be guided towards BB10 devices and uncertainty, at least before Nov 4th?
    Thirdly if the sales person has even a bit of tech knowledge, they'll prolly depress you and show you tonnes of things you can do on an Android device that you can't do on BB10, and that's coming from me who's using BB10 as my main device, although a Q10 and so for the keyboard more than anything else.

As a side note, I've noticed i can't think of a single post you've made in someone else's thread. You only seem to want to create your own threads and post in there. Sometimes you'll find loads of your points are made in other threads, but then you start another one, and it never get's shut down. Weird.
    Ok,..

First of all, yes I am.

Secondly, my point is very, very clear. It has nothing to do with BB10.

Thirdly, I doubt it.

As a side note, you're not looking hard enough.

Weird.
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-26-13 05:27 PM
    Sure, I'm game. As long as you're OK with me going to you place of work and fraudulently wasting your time if I disagree with the way you are doing your job. If you're a realtor can I call you up and ask you to show me a property when I have no intention of buying? If you're an IT support person, can I call you and keep you on the line with a bogus technical scenario if I really disagree with the way you handle things? If you're a student, perhaps I could offer you some bogus research study telling you that you'd get paid $100 to fill out a 20 minute survey.

I wonder how the rest of us would feel if some zealot decided to come to our workplace and waste our time and encouraged others to do so.
    10-26-13 05:32 PM
    Sure, I'm game. As long as you're OK with me going to you place of work and fraudulently wasting your time if I disagree with the way you are doing your job. If you're a realtor can I call you up and ask you to show me a property when I have no intention of buying? If you're an IT support person, can I call you and keep you on the line with a bogus technical scenario if I really disagree with the way you handle things? If you're a student, perhaps I could offer you some bogus research study telling you that you'd get paid $100 to fill out a 20 minute survey.

I wonder how the rest of us would feel if some zealot decided to come to our workplace and waste our time and encouraged others to do so.
    Well, 2 things there:

1) Yes, that happens all the time. If it didn't you would buy everything you tried. You don't. Are you telling me you've never asked about a product without buying it?
    2) In terms of zealots - really. People come to my place of work and 'fraudulently waste my time' all the time. I have no problem with that, they are looking to educate themselves in terms of price and product. We factor it in to our business plan and learn from their questions to make ourselves better at selling our product. Big deal. Besides, this is a market research study in essence, are you saying no one is allowed to carry these out when the pitch is so lop sided?
    10-26-13 05:41 PM
    Time after time since the launch of BB10 I've seen thread after thread on retail stores pushing people away from, frankly, any other phone - not just the Z30, Z10, Q10 or Q5, but also everything else and towards a Samsung. We all know the reasons for that, it's because Samsung have hit on something that in sales terms is very, very smart and commissioned their phones very, very well. Fair play to them and everyone else, not just BlackBerry, should take note.

BUT.

This has led to a shedload of customers being misinformed and sold phones that do not suit their needs. The reps aren't asking what the customer needs, they're simply doing what they are educated to do and they are telling the customers they NEED a Samsung (well done Samsung!). In the majority of cases that I read, the reps actually are supremely educated on the Samsung products and know very little about anything else. Indeed, they have been so mightily educated on it that they are utterly disparaging on anything else, not just BB but we've heard all the twaddle enough now.

I also experienced this myself recently with a colleague who is now in receipt of an SG4 which he got because he was told, by the rep, that BB are dead. He is a BB OS7 stalwart and the device is completely unsuited to him. A Q10 would have been perfect for him (heavy messaging, no apps required, HUB definitely needed!) and a Z10/Z30 at a push. Now he's really struggling with it.

So, whether this is BlackBerry's last hurrah or not, I am emboldened by this march of utter disinformation to lay down the following challenge to us all. And I shall go first (unless you get there before me).

Next week I shall purposely go into a store and tell them I am looking for a new phone with no intention of buying one. I fully expect to be 'guided' toward a Samsung very quickly. Once they have told me that I should have it (they never say why you should have it, by the way, just that you should) I shall take out my new improved Z10 running 10.2 and ask them why the Samsung they are trying to sell me is better then the phone I currently have.

Fair enough, but when the salesman does tell you just how much better the Samsung is, compared to your phone, will you post EXACTLY what he said, or will you put your bb fanboy slant on it?
    10-26-13 08:12 PM

BUT.

What do you do when the stores are closed? Check the dictionary for spelling errors?
    10-26-13 08:16 PM
    Yeh do it!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    10-27-13 02:25 AM
    You need a friend to secretly video/audio what the employee is saying.

Or turn your phone recorder on, etc...

Audio is probably better, then you don't have to blur anyone's face etc. before posting.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector, bradu1 and locke7 like this.
    10-27-13 02:39 AM
    Ok,..

First of all, yes I am.

Secondly, my point is very, very clear. It has nothing to do with BB10.

Thirdly, I doubt it.

As a side note, you're not looking hard enough.

Weird.
    Yeah you admit you're wasting a salesperson's time with no intention of buying. Then compare it to people viewing a bunch of houses looking for the right one. That's nothing similar. That's like viewing house after house when you have no intention of buying anything. Which is a numpty thing to do.

Your point isn't clear, you want them to show you how other phones are better, then you'll show them what your z can do, they'll wonder why you're so impressed, you'll walk out, come here, and start a new thread. Doesn't make sense.

They'll show you instagram, torrent apps, launchers, the native push gmail app, productivity apps, all sorts of awesomeness to make you more productive and give you options. Youll show them how you swipe into the hub and sideload android apps on a phone lower specced than all major android phones. Again, they will have no idea what you're on about.

Finally, no, I've not seen you post in other threads. At all. Judging by the comments in this thread, your attempts at mining thanks and likes finally hit a brick wall. I'm sure you'll try again tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    garnok, Berry_Pink, m1a1mg and 6 others like this.
    10-27-13 02:55 AM
    I like the OP's idea, but are all of you really buying your phones in store? I cannot believe this as I got all my phones ever used over the Internet. Even my mom ordered her new contract + phone with a phone call.
    Why going into a store and being manipulated by some stupid sales person that is only interested in selling a phone?
    And you cannot compare the different operators?

Posted via CB10
    10-27-13 03:11 AM
    I like the OP's idea, but are all of you really buying your phones in store? I cannot believe this as I got all my phones ever used over the Internet. Even my mom ordered her new contract + phone with a phone call.
    Why going into a store and being manipulated by some stupid sales person that is only interested in selling a phone?
    And you cannot compare the different operators?

Posted via CB10
    I definitely buy my phones in store.
    Usually want to play with them and try them first rather than buying blind.
    Don't usually find salespeople to be problematic even with BlackBerry.
    UK phone sellers allow you to get different operators as needed in store.

Posted via CB10
    newcollector likes this.
    10-27-13 04:57 AM
    Subscribed. Interesting idea.
    10-27-13 05:15 AM
    if there are so many uninformed why there are so many BB Z10 returned to the store...?

why your friends doesn't return his GS4 ? and change it to BB10 phone ?

and if you are trying to compare it with your Z10 the sales rep just gonna explain to you everything you may already heard on CB.
    *BB10 have inferior entertainment apps
    * BB10 have inferior productivity apps (but being called business phone )
    * BB10 have inferior maps
    * native youtube already inside
    * every apps are available on google play store no need to sideload
    * BB10 have inferior specs
    * Multi window feature on Samsung phone
    * better camera on Samsung phone
    * better screen on samsung phone
    * uncertainty about BB future

maybe this thing above not affect you.. but for a casual customers what do you think he/she will choose ? BB10 or Samsung phone?
    10-27-13 07:04 AM
    I will do this, but with a Z30.

I will also make sure that I have it connected to my PC for File extraction.

Posted via my Z30.
    10-27-13 07:10 AM
    why dont you go hang out with friends like any normal person
    10-27-13 07:29 AM
    It amazes me that any one, with any phone, would go to this much trouble. In addition to the suggestion I've quoted, I could think of many things that I'd rather do than go to a phone store to show up the employees. Monumentally pathetic, if you were to ask me.
    10-27-13 08:36 AM
    It's one thing to go on a site like CB and tell everyone about this plan but I really hope that this isn't something that he discusses with and then brags about to his real-life friends.
    10-27-13 09:21 AM
    It's one thing to go on a site like CB and tell everyone about this plan but I really hope that this isn't something that he discusses with and then brags about to his real-life friends.
    You assume he has some.
    10-27-13 09:43 AM
    without bothering to go through all of his previous threads i dont know but i wouldnt be the least bit surprised, he pulled his company off contract in a hissy fit because a sales rep sold his colleague an s4
    10-27-13 09:47 AM
    It's amazing what people do when they are bored.

I recommend alcohol or pron
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    10-27-13 10:05 AM
    Sadly, if Samsung offers a $40. Spiff on a phone and BlackBerry offered a $80. Spiff on a phone, blackberry would be the best phone for everyone, wouldn't it? Greed makes the world go round.
    10-27-13 10:09 AM
    I actually do my own research and make my own decision before buying anything and for a thing such as a phone will not be buying it from a shop where salesmen/women are motivated by targets and commission, shops probably make more profit on Samsung.

I knew I wanted a BB10 and bought one without the aid of some snotty spotty shop assistant.

But then again some of us can make our own decisions.
    anon8091350 and sickyute like this.
    10-27-13 10:21 AM
270 123 ...