View Poll Results: Do you believe there should be rules of BlackBerry etiquette/use?

Voters
740. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

358 48.38%
  • No

183 24.73%
  • Maybe

199 26.89%
    Try to be self-aware instead of self-involved and you'll be okay kid.
    12-21-07 09:49 PM
    I think the worst I've seen is an adult in church playing a game on their BB during the worship service. I turn off the sound when I go into church and don't even check it till I am in my car afterwards.
    12-21-07 10:12 PM
    I see using the blackberry much like using email on internet...and there are GUIDELINES there too. Makes sense to me.
    12-21-07 10:50 PM
    People sending emails from their Crackberry during class.
    12-22-07 04:32 AM
    I voted no, but on second thought, yeah, go ahead and make some rules - so I can break them.
    12-22-07 07:50 AM
    Loud talkers are the worst. Does your company know that you are giving out trade secrets in the middle of the airport? If your client overheard what you are saying about them like the rest of us heard, they would not be your client very long.

The worst, most rude, are the users that are turning on their BBs as soon as the wheels hit terra firma. Did you not pay attention during the pre-flight briefing? No electronics until the plane stops at the gate. If you are really so important you should be flying private. And to the clown on the flight that got his BB taken away by the flight attendant

I vote NO to airlines that are going to allow in flight cell phone use.
    12-22-07 08:40 AM
    no significant other likes waking up to the sound of the track ball in bed>>>> leave the room>>>>

public restroom usage is nasty potasty>>>>>sanitize
    12-22-07 09:01 AM
    rules are for people who don't have BBs yet. they just don't understand. i could use a new bluetooth headset tho. the LG one I have was ideal for my old Samsung flip phone, and just doesn't look as good with my BB.
    12-22-07 11:34 AM
    I got get kicked out of class for useing my curve and then refusing to give it to a teacher it was too valuable to me for me to give it to some one else to hold
    12-22-07 11:55 AM
    Thank you Crackberry.com, you are the best!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-07 12:29 PM
    I feel that the same rules/expectations of ettiquette that apply to cell phones should apply to berrys.
    12-22-07 02:09 PM
    One should be allowed to punch a "loud-talker" in the junk.
    12-22-07 02:51 PM
    How can anybody NOT say there should be blackberry etiquette?! We live in a world with other people around us all the time, people come before yourself, it's only right.
    12-22-07 03:59 PM
    Every single person who has a BlackBerry through Nextel and uses it on super loud speakerphone should be punched in the face. The loud "chirp" is annoying and of course you hear the entire conversation. (maybe that's just a nextel gripe and not a BB one but still)
    12-22-07 04:16 PM
    Due unto others, as you would have them do unto you.

That's far more serious than I usually am but it gets the point over
    12-22-07 04:25 PM
    Main rule would be not using it in restaurants or church. And if you must use it excuse yourself.
    12-22-07 06:10 PM
    we could at times offend others we are with by not paying them enough attention. I try to put it away from time to time. Text messages, email, and the internet will still be there later, right?
    12-22-07 06:24 PM
    One big rule is not to start using your bb in the middle of talking to someone. Although i have done that :X
    12-22-07 07:53 PM
    The only one I've ever had was a guy sending an e-mail from his BB, and for some reason didn't like the person in front of him in the grocery line talking while he was doing so. Long story short the guy said he couldn't hear himself think while he was doing it and asked all of us around him to shut up. He left the line pretty quick after that!
    12-22-07 08:08 PM
    I think the Golden Rule makes everything easier: "Do unto others as you would have done unto you." Maybe old fashioned, but a good rule of practice. If I'm trying to carry on a conversation at a coffee shop with another human, and I can't because someone sits next to us talking on their phone full volume that's not nice. Also, if I'm playing games, texting, or otherwise in useful pursuits on my bb and my dh is trying to talk to me... not following the rule!
    12-22-07 08:12 PM
    It shouldn't be used anywhere that gravy is served.
    12-22-07 08:30 PM
    should be no different than talking on any other phone just plain common sense
    12-22-07 09:05 PM
    those of us that have ethics will already know what to do and when to do it.
    12-22-07 09:18 PM
    i interned at smithsonian folkways this summer and there was one employee who made no bones about spinning in his chair and whirling away on his crackberry during meetings....ever since then i've wanted to be him...i love irreverence!
    12-22-07 09:21 PM
    I guess just use common courtesy, don't have your ringer so it is annoying to those around you, talking loudly in public places etc.
    12-22-07 09:23 PM
721 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD