View Poll Results: Do you believe there should be rules of BlackBerry etiquette/use?

Voters
740. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

358 48.38%
  • No

183 24.73%
  • Maybe

199 26.89%
    Well there should at least be some courtesy, but this is for use with all phones. And a test to decide if you NEED a blackberry. If your a house wife, Odds are you don't need one. And If you don't own a computer, you Don't need one.
    12-19-07 11:20 AM
    follow the general rules of what you would want from others.

It is mind boggling to think that people can have such disregard for common sense and for others. The BB is a HUGE extension of your phone, email, browser, etc. Use the same rules for those on your BB. Curtesy, professionalism, attentiveness, etc.
    12-19-07 11:28 AM
    Short and sweet, and quiet in public places.
    12-19-07 11:31 AM
    Same rules as a Cell phone...turn it off when appropriate, pay more attention to driving than to your BB, and stop talking so loud everyone in a two block radius can hear you.
    12-19-07 11:33 AM
    I havent seen any rude users yet, although I am now realizing why someone would be on this thing all the time. There are so many features and its so fun. So what if the boss is trying to conduct a meeting, Im busy using the BB!
    12-19-07 11:34 AM
    i think there should be a universal sign when someone is on their bluetooth.
    i hate when a woman comes in with hair over her earpeice, and you cont see it, so you thinkwhen she say yes to your question, and hen she gets mad cause you interupted her on her phone call.
    12-19-07 11:34 AM
    Using your BB while driving.
    12-19-07 11:36 AM
    there's no need to scream. the person on the other end can hear you. everyone else around doesn't care about your conversation.
    12-19-07 11:37 AM
    I think that people should have enough common sense when it comes to BlackBerry, or any cellular device or PDA for that matter, use and/or abuse. Nobody wants to sit on the train or in a restaurant next to the loud **** on their phone. Nobody wants to be immersed in important conversation with someone who simply can't keep themselves from checking the email every 45 seconds.

BUUUUT, there are so many people who don't choose to be rude, obnoxious, and horribly irritating. Whether they know better or not is up for debate, but, regardless, it's true.

So - rules or no rules? What a question!
    12-19-07 11:38 AM
    I saw a guy in front of me at the theater using his Blackberry with sound. A slight slap in the back of the head is all it took to get him to put it away.
    12-19-07 11:38 AM
    This just happened to be a BlackBerry user but this really applies to all cellphone users. For whatever reason people seem to think they need to yell into the phone and then are completely shocked when everyone listens to their "private" conversation. If you are in a crowded restaurant and can't hear the person on the other end take the phone outside - don't yell on your end - it doesn't make it possible for you to hear any better!
    12-19-07 11:40 AM
    No texting while you drive!!!!! Absolutely no exceptions.
    12-19-07 11:40 AM
    I try to follow my general phone usage rules when it comes to BlackBerrying.

1) Be considerate of others and their time, if they took time to see you or what not, try not to take away from their time by being on the phone or texting up a storm

That's the main one any way.
    12-19-07 11:43 AM
    dont use it while driving
    in church

On the toilet it's fair game though.. hahahahaha
    12-19-07 11:43 AM
    If someone is rude, they are that way with or without the BB.
    12-19-07 11:44 AM
    Apparently it is considered rude when playing on the BB when your significant other is talking to you....

Can't help it... as a long time Windows Mobile user, I have finally found something that actually works!! Just a little too addictive!!
    12-19-07 11:47 AM
    I really dislike people who BB during dinner.
    12-19-07 11:48 AM
    There's only one rule in the BB Etiquette club....you don't talk about the BB Etiquette club! Lol
    As for the etiqutte itself, I think its an unwritten BB law among BB owners that if you wouldn't like something done to you or your BB, don't do it to other BB users

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-07 11:50 AM
    Don't use BB in a restaurant for voice conversations and don't send or answer emails and text, if you are dining with someone, especially your spouse!
    12-19-07 11:51 AM
    I had a president of a large corp that I worked for that would hold staff meetings and respond to emails sometimes stopping him mid sentence.
    12-19-07 11:51 AM
    Without a doubt it'd have to be the guy who couldn't stop texting at a funeral...
    12-19-07 11:55 AM
    I think the rudest thing anyone does with a phone is when they use the phone while they're using the toilet. I mean texting is one thing but if I hear that tell tale echo when I'm talking to someone I'm SO hanging up...
    12-19-07 12:03 PM
    Etiquette comes from the person within not becasue of the BB so hard to answer on rules for me , however I do have a story not related to Etiquette well maybe a bit of it , I was at a junction and the light went green so I waited and waited for the driver in front of me to move,being Irish and having a bit of a temper it took all my strengh to stay in the car and not honk like a mad looney, I did do a polite honk, and after a while I pulled around the PERSON to find the Donkey with both hands on top of the wheel on there BB, thats when I let fly with you know what, now thats BAD.
    12-19-07 12:04 PM
    When talking to the boss, turn it to vibrate....nothing will make them madder than to be chewing your ****, and you keep having your phone blow up on you.
    12-19-07 12:14 PM
    Rules? Only to the extent that people using cell phones generally should be polite.

People who answer their phone and talk in a normal volume in a theater should be kicked out.
    Last edited by Monkeypaw; 12-19-07 at 12:34 PM.
    12-19-07 12:17 PM
721 ... 1112131415 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD