She has been talking about wanting the iPhone for the past 3 years as soon as it came to Verizon and when push came to shove, she decided to not order the iPhone 4 this morning. I asked her if she wanted me to order it for her and she said, "The more I think about it, the less I wanna get rid of BBM and the ability to send calender events to your BB."

With all the claims that people are leaving their BBs for iPhones and Androids, I'm just not seeing it. Every friend I have known that has had a BB in the last 3 years still has a BB. Literally EVERY single one of them. I am also seeing many more BB owners over the past couple years.
    02-03-11 09:17 AM
    Sounds to me like she came to her senses. JMO
    02-03-11 09:27 AM
    She has been talking about wanting the iPhone for the past 3 years as soon as it came to Verizon and when push came to shove, she decided to not order the iPhone 4 this morning. I asked her if she wanted me to order it for her and she said, "The more I think about it, the less I wanna get rid of BBM and the ability to send calender events to your BB."

With all the claims that people are leaving their BBs for iPhones and Androids, I'm just not seeing it. Every friend I have known that has had a BB in the last 3 years still has a BB. Literally EVERY single one of them. I am also seeing many more BB owners over the past couple years.
    Wow you must know the only people in the US buying blackberrys!

since everyone knows no one wants a blackberry anymore, they are out dated and sucky
    02-03-11 09:31 AM

since everyone knows no one wants a blackberry anymore, they are out dated and sucky
    I didn't say all of my friends have BlackBerrys. I was just saying, of my friends that had BlackBerrys 2-3 years ago, all of them still have BlackBerrys. I have plenty of friends with iPhones and a few with Android phones, but none of them ever had a BlackBerry or they still have a BlackBerry as a work phone. I can think of at least 4 people that left BlackBerry and came back within 30 days but I can't think of anyone that tried BlackBerry and left quickly.
    02-03-11 09:43 AM
    BTW, one of the most overlooked feature of BlackBerrys is the "Invite Atendee" option in the Calendar. It's amazing for planning a dinner, vacation, meeting, party, etc....
    02-03-11 09:45 AM
    BTW, one of the most overlooked feature of BlackBerrys is the "Invite Atendee" option in the Calendar. It's amazing for planning a dinner, vacation, meeting, party, etc....
    I agree! I use this with so many family members.

Except I really wish there was a way for family members to manage multiple calenders Blackberry Unite was a good start. but needed more!
    02-03-11 09:55 AM
    The calendar is one thing that we really utilized with BBM Groups. I could keep my work calendar to myself, while having a family calendar as part of our family BBM group.

That and using BBM Group Lists (grocery list, chore list, todo...).
    02-03-11 11:54 AM
    I can do that on my Android also, so it isn't just a BB thing...
    02-03-11 10:03 PM

I wish I could chime in, but when you have family in Waterloo they don't count right? Two strikes, Canadian and RIM territory.
    02-03-11 11:00 PM
    im in the UK and im seeing more and more blackberries appear on my train journey to and from work, there are still the iphones about but the bb's seem to be increasing daily,
    02-04-11 03:58 AM
  11. And
    I'm in Germany and most people I'm surrounded with have iPhones-.-
    BBs aren't that popular here in general, at least not for private use.
    02-04-11 04:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD