Hello All,

I am from world of Symbian.....
    Planning to buy BB8900, i am noob about BB. my life would be very easy if some kind heart would answer few of my queries.
    remember it might be very stupid but, i would still i would like to know.
    Forgive me if my questions are violating our forum rules.

1. I am buying BB from grey( street ) market. so what should i consider and what to check at the time of buying.

2. Few of symbian smart phones have career version firmwares and most of them are generic ones. I have history of 4 Symbian smart phones and quite a few dumb phones too,
    so, does BB has generic firmwares/device software's too. or they strictly operator versions?

3. what will happen if i brought some European version ( e.g., VodaphoneUK, TIM, etc...... ), what needs to be changed?

4. What is unlocking and PIN flushing.

Thanks.
    12-07-09 12:59 PM
    Hello All,

I am from world of Symbian.....
    Planning to buy BB8900, i am noob about BB. my life would be very easy if some kind heart would answer few of my queries.
    remember it might be very stupid but, i would still i would like to know.
    Forgive me if my questions are violating our forum rules.

1. I am buying BB from grey( street ) market. so what should i consider and what to check at the time of buying.
    I have no knowledge of street market conditions in India, but it is probable a thriving market exists for new and used BlackBerrys.

There is a built in self test, if it passes that, it is likely in good condition.

http://crackberry.com/new-self-diagn...our-blackberry

[

2. Few of symbian smart phones have career version firmwares and most of them are generic ones. I have history of 4 Symbian smart phones and quite a few dumb phones too,
    so, does BB has generic firmwares/device software's too. or they strictly operator versions?
    All BlackBerrys share the same software, it is universal.

3. what will happen if i brought some European version ( e.g., VodaphoneUK, TIM, etc...... ), what needs to be changed?
    As long as your language choices are supported, you can use any BlackBerry in any language including Russian and Chinese.

4. What is unlocking and PIN flushing.

Thanks.
    The majority of BlackBerrys a locked to their original carrier. When you unlock the BlackBerry, you can use it with any compatible carrier.

And finally, we do not support the concept of PIN flashing. On occasions when it has occured, innocent members have been defrauded in the process.
    12-07-09 01:09 PM
    i can answer the first one. it depends which carrier your going with but if its a CDMA phone check the ESN number to make sure you can activate the phone.. and the Pin # because if its off the street who knows if its stolen
    12-07-09 01:18 PM
    thak you for all of your answers

let me
    12-07-09 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD