Hi,

I just got my new Blackberry Torch 9800 through today

I'm trying to get Gmail working. It logs in fine etc, but when I go to "reply", the "message" box just comes up as a single line? (instead of like on my Curve, where its a larger text-area)

Is this a setting, or maybe a problem where I "copied" over my settings via the Desktop Manager, from my Curve onto this phone?

Also - another note. I'm trying to get GPS working with google maps etc, but for some reason its not working. I checked in my settings, and sure enough the long/lat values are not being found (nor any satallites) ... is it maybe something Vodafone (my providor) needs to enable? My old phone didn't support GPS, so maybe they just didn't bother turning it on when I took out the contract?

Thats all for now - sure I will have more questions soon

TIA!

Andy
    11-17-10 09:45 AM
    Mmm ok, well I spoke to Vodafone - and they say GPS *is* active on my account, so by all means it should be working! However, still not finding anything at all :/

Any suggestions?

TIA!

Andy
    11-17-10 12:25 PM
    My Gmail app does this as well. Before I had a curve 8900 which gave me smaller font and a large area where I can type my message or reply.

On my new Torch the font is so large it looks awful. It also gives me one line to type when I try and message or reply.

I just dont understand the reason for this since the screen is so large. The app uses like half the screen and huge font.
    11-17-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD