hey, guy. I am from Hong Kong and I am goin to Uk for study soon.

I want to get a bb in order to contact wif my fd in Uk,Hk and Us.

I am wondering which plan should I join?! Join the Hk one?! or the Uk one?!

The major question is what the **** is bbm... I know that likes sms, but my fd said if I use the

bbm, I can text them all around the world. I told them to explain but I dont know WTF they

talking about..is it using bbm request data? or just need to join their plan? the email plan?!

plz help thx x100000000000
    10-17-10 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) uses BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) to send messages between BlackBerry anywhere in the World.

The data connection is subject to foreign roaming charges. I would suggest waiting until you have arrived in the UK, then buy one with a service plan from one of the carriers located in the UK.

When you return to Hong Kong, terminate the UK plan and subscribe to a plan with a Hong Kong based carriers.
    10-17-10 10:21 AM
    thx for the reply

If I subscribe a service plan from one of the carriers located in the UK for two

years, am I still able to use the bbm when I am in HK? Be coz I will go back to

HK during holiday..
    10-17-10 10:33 AM
    Yes, you can use the plan anywere, subject to international surcharges for data, unless you select a model that will use Wifi for data, when available.

10-17-10 10:41 AM
    Thank you

wish u hv a nice day!!!
    10-17-10 10:43 AM
    Thank you and good luck with your education and career plans.
    10-17-10 10:49 AM
    thanks,,

btw one more question

What plan will u suggest ?!

Internet Texter 100
    24 month contract Plan detail
    Internet.
    500MB
    Texts.
    Minutes.
    100 minutes
    (anytime, any network)

�30
    a month

+ �149.00 up front cost

Internet Texter 500
    Internet.
    1GB
    Texts.
    Minutes.
    500 minutes
    (anytime, any network)

�35
    a month

+ �49.00 up front cost

The One Plan
    Internet.
    1GB
    Texts.
    Minutes.
    2000 minutes
    (Any time, any network)

�40
    a month

+ �49.00 up front cost
    10-17-10 10:54 AM
    Your cheapest contract BB plan I know of in the UK is with Virgin Mobile. For �15 per month (24 month contract) you can get Curve 8520, 100 minutes, 500 texts and unlimited internet. Note that unlimited has a fair usage limit (usually about 500MB).

The calls and texts are only for UK calls/texts which is why your friends like BBM. Consider it like an email - sending an email to Australia costs the same as one to your friend in the next street - you just need an email connection. Once you pay for your BB data, your BBM can be sent anywhere and will not incur extra charges. Calling or texting overseas will DEFINITELY cost you more.

The 8520 is an entry level BB. It has WIFI but doesn't have 3G. You get what you pay for ;-) if you want a smarter/newer/more capable BB you will have to pay more.

You may need to look at more mobile phone companies to find the phone + plan combination you like best. Vodafone have BB plans from �20, as do T Mobile. I'm not sure about the best offers from Orange, 3 or O2, but you can find them easily online.

It would also be useful for you to check coverage of your first choice network to make sure you will get a good signal at your college. If you will be in a big city you will probably be fine but it is worth checking before you buy a new phone. Coverage maps can usually be found on the company's website.

Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy your studies, the UK is a lovely place ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-10 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD