I just received a new 8320 on Aug 8th to replace my tmo dash that had a terrible addiction to screen breakage. I was upgraded to the BB for a mere $140 (if you complain enough and threaten to leave they will take care of you .) Anyways, I have been trying to figure out the phone and I am getting the grasp of it but there are a few things that irritate me, any help would be excellent...

- If the phone is in the mode to automatically find WiFi when I pull in to the lot at work it goes into 'hourglass' loads up does a security verify and then goes black with the red light and repeats until I leave and then works fine. It did not do this the first week or so that I had it, I am puzzled.

- Sometimes it will mix up my bb email acct msgs and my texts and I wont get any of the txts just the emails on both msg options.

-My keyboard will not work but only on the numeric side but I can still call people via the contact list.

Any help on these issues would be great. I love the phone but I want to know if I should get a new phone, the people at my tmo stores have been of no help at all. I have a day off tomorrow and may use it with tech support but I really dont want to if its avoidable.

Thanks.
    09-07-08 01:21 PM
    Well...Welcome to CB, I don't have a wi-fi enabled device, so I'll let someone else give you accurate info.
    09-07-08 01:23 PM
    Sounds like you've had some bad luck with phones. Not sure if this is an obvious answer or not since you are new but if you are only getting numeric digits, you might have it on NUM lock so hit the alt key and see if that fixes it.

Also if you are just getting notices that you have new text msgs and not emails, take a look at your profiles. You may need to fix those up. Let me know if you don't know how.
    09-07-08 03:18 PM
    Sounds like you've had some bad luck with phones. Not sure if this is an obvious answer or not since you are new but if you are only getting numeric digits, you might have it on NUM lock so hit the alt key and see if that fixes it.

Also if you are just getting notices that you have new text msgs and not emails, take a look at your profiles. You may need to fix those up. Let me know if you don't know how.
    Thats the thing though, its just every once in a while the phone will just make both msg receptacles into emails and then once I reboot it it works fine. I really think I need to wipe the phone and if that doesnt end these wonky issues it will be back to tmo I go.
    09-07-08 03:51 PM
    I would call and have T-mobile send you a replacement phone, you should not be having any of those issues. It sounds like you have a faulty phone.
    09-07-08 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD