I've tried getting some of these questions answered in the Tour forums, but they are a flurry of activity and a lot of stuff gets passed over.

Anyway, I'm curious if the Tour (or most blackberries in general) have a glass screen. I'm curious because I've found that it's much more scratch resistant than a polycarbonate screen.

Also, for those of you that use the leather or vinyl pocket sleeves to protect your phone, do you find that it gets scratched from being put in and removed constantly? I had a similar case for an old iPod and it got scratched to **** because of it.

Thanks!
    06-18-09 09:36 AM
    Not sure about the screens, but at least for the cases/holsters from blackberry itself I've haven't had a problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 09:52 AM
    I use a screen protector on my phone so I do not have to worry about scratches, and along with that I use a silicone case. I find that is all the protection I need on my precious phone.

The screens are not glass as far as I know, but I know my 8900's screen is just the LCD, and nothing protecting it. I have used the case that comes with the BlackBerry, and I loved the one that came with my 8320 when I had it, but my 8900's case is way too tight of a fit. I hope they fix that with the tour.
    06-18-09 09:56 AM
    Pop an invisible shield on there and your good to go. I've had mine on for about three monts and it still looks so fresh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 09:57 AM
    The sceen covers are plastic and they do scratch. The slip in pouch has rubbed in a few places, nothing that bothers me.
    06-18-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD