And now it looks as though I might be getting the Xperia Z1 at launch.

I'm going to miss my Z10.

So pissed!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 04:42 PM
    Enjoy your phone, whatever it is and avoid posting flame bait in the future?
    Last edited by diegonei; 12-02-13 at 07:20 PM.
    12-02-13 04:44 PM
    Its not flame bate....This really sux.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 04:47 PM
    Why? Are they taking it away from you?

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 04:58 PM
    Its not flame bate....This really sux.
    See? All you're gonna get is people not understanding your post. If you don't want the Sony device, get it, sell it. Use the Z10.

Or don't get it.

But the post, as it is, will only make this thread go bad fast.
    ghundiraj likes this.
    12-02-13 05:06 PM
    And now it looks as though I might be getting the Xperia Z1 at launch.

I'm going to miss my Z10.

So pissed!!!

Posted via CB10
    Eh? So you have a Z10 and T-Mobile are forcing you to get a Sony??
    12-02-13 05:10 PM
    This is new to me. Do they physically take it from your hands?

Or is it like a mission impossible where your BlackBerry self-destructs and the Sony arrives on your doorstep with your fingerprint associated to that, and only that, specific device?

Van City Coffee ; WhitecapsFC ; PreMed Community ; Bristol Rovers Football Club
    12-02-13 05:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    They have no solutions for the issues my Z10 is having. I've been to the store twice, spent hours on the phone with their Blackberry department. I've wiped my phone 3 times back to factory settings and all manner of things. No fix.

I've canvassed here at CB trying to find resolutions and posted about my issues, and no positive end result.

They have no info on the Z30 and no info on the official 10.2. I've downloaded a 10.2 leak before from CB, and that was not helpful.

All I ever get from my carrier is excuses and them pointing the finger at BlackBerry. I've defended BlackBerry to no end.

My carrier is offering me a credit to use towards another phone. I'm not a Droid fan at all, but I am very impressed by Sony's hardware on the Xperia. I'm willing to wait for the new Z1. My Z10 doesn't function properly. It took over 5 minutes to get this site to load and the app won't liad at all. Most my apps do this and half the time my browser won't open.
    12-02-13 05:18 PM
    I believe the OP is a habitual upgrader and since the carrier won't be getting the Z30, he/she will abandon BB10 to ensure that he/she has the very latest flagship, as tragic as that may be...

Oh, nevermind... explanation posted above this post.
    Mack Gans likes this.
    12-02-13 05:18 PM
    Did T-Mobile even confirm the z1? It's a decent looking device but I'd rather rock a z1 mini.

Just because you have an upgrade coming, doesn't mean you have to use it. I'm due for a new device right now through them and just bought a z10 from BlackBerry.

Maybe I'll give the jump phones to my son from now on?

Looking for the real vijik. Q10
    12-02-13 05:27 PM
    I believe the OP is a habitual upgrader and since the carrier won't be getting the Z30, he/she will abandon BB10 to ensure that he/she has the very latest flagship, as tragic as that may be...

Oh, nevermind... explanation posted above this post.
    Habitual upgrader?? I had my 9780 for 3 years prior to the Z10.
    And yeah...if I have to get something other than BlackBerry it better be top of line to make it worth my while. I don't know how not to have a blackberry considering I've only used the brand for 9 years straight.

My Z10 won't work properly. Its frustrating!!!
    12-02-13 05:34 PM
    Why won't they replace your Z10 with one that works?

kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 05:37 PM
    Did T-Mobile even confirm the z1? It's a decent looking device but I'd rather rock a z1 mini.

Just because you have an upgrade coming, doesn't mean you have to use it. I'm due for a new device right now through them and just bought a z10 from BlackBerry.

Maybe I'll give the jump phones to my son from now on?

Yes....TMO USA is slated for the Z1. I don't know about the mini though.

I really do not want to switch. I'm at a crossroads here. My whole personal & business life revolves around Blackberry and has for many years.

Since when is it ever ok for a carrier to talk bad about a product line they offer???
    12-02-13 05:42 PM
    Simply ask for a new z10. Sometimes a device is a lemon, no fix, update and whatnot will fix it. Just have to be firm and ask for another z10 if you truly don't want to leave BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-02-13 05:46 PM
    Why won't they replace your Z10 with one that works?

This is my 3rd Z10. They all act the same way. My email accounts won't stay connected either and my system locks up-a lot. Forcing me to reboot.

Which leads me to my next question...are the OS's tailored for each carrier? I don't here of others on competing providers having the issues I am having.
    12-02-13 05:47 PM
    Yes....TMO USA is slated for the Z1. I don't know about the mini though.

I really do not want to switch. I'm at a crossroads here. My whole personal & business life revolves around Blackberry and has for many years.

Since when is it ever ok for a carrier to talk bad about a product line they offer???
    I saw that it went through the fcc. But I didn't see tmobile say anything about getting it. I'd like to know where they said it though, cause my wife wants it more than I do.

Also, why don't you tell them to give you another z10? Tmobile is pretty lenient about things. They'd def replace a messed up phone.

12-02-13 05:47 PM
    All,
    Let's keep this civil, please.

The OP has had issues with what may certainly be a defective device, and hasn't been able to get it working to his/her satisfaction. I'd be as unhappy in the same situation. Everyone is entitled to have a device that makes him/her happy. (Isn't that in the Constitution somewhere? It should be...)

That said, OP, the discussion would have progressed differently if you had explained your situation in the first post rather than as a follow-up. If you want to post the links to your previous issues or restate them here, we can see if we can help make your Z10 work better for you until you transition to the Z1.

EDIT: Thanks to all for coming back with constructive advice.
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 12-06-13 at 10:43 AM.
    diegonei, Donvald, m1a1mg and 1 others like this.
    12-02-13 05:54 PM
    I have a Z10 on T-Mobile with no issues. I am now on a Z30 with T-Mobile. Still no issues.

Either way it doesn't help you. Where are you? If you're in Houston, I'll take a look at your phone.
    diegonei likes this.
    12-02-13 06:07 PM
    Op - do you have official os or a leak?

12-02-13 06:10 PM
    I saw that it went through the fcc. But I didn't see tmobile say anything about getting it. I'd like to know where they said it though, cause my wife wants it more than I do.

Also, why don't you tell them to give you another z10? Tmobile is pretty lenient about things. They'd def replace a messed up phone.

They have given me replacement phones. They all have behaved the same way.
    Here is what every website I go to does..... it just sits there with a white screen. My phone also doesn't hold the alerts I set for different applications. Like right now my email alerts for my personal account are now silent. I've sat the darn thing numerous times on specific tones. I also do not receive notifications from apps like Facebook, LinkedIn and even my BBM is delayed.

I spoke with a Sony Division Rep here when I took my PS3 in for some minor service recently. We got to talking about the new PS4 cuz I'm set to buy one next year. He said the sync method on the new Z1 phones "coming to T-Mobile " is incredible. He mentioned the phones have passed some sort of Bluetooth certification for the carrier, so its coming.

I also have a friend that works at Sprint headquarters here and even they know TMO is getting it. She said its coming in 3 colors.
    12-02-13 06:21 PM
    Bare with me, please. It takes a lot of refreshing to get pages to properly load and be functional.
    12-02-13 06:26 PM
    Op - do you have official os or a leak?
    I have the official latest 10.1 version from my carrier. I tried the 10.2.....55 leak once. it was a nightmare for me so I restored.to factory and installed the proper carrier.software
    12-02-13 06:28 PM
    Hey there The quiet rioter, are you doing a backup and restore with every phone you've gotten? I'm wondering if it's something in the backup file that is bringing the issue along onto every new device.

You could try doing a security wipe and then do not do any kind of restore and then set up your email accounts and see if the issue remains. The obvious downside to this is you will not have your contacts and emails and settings on the newly wiped phone. At least that would tell you if it's the backup file that's causing the problem.

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    Ecm, dusdal, eddy_berry and 4 others like this.
    12-02-13 06:30 PM
    Habitual upgrader?? I had my 9780 for 3 years prior to the Z10.
    And yeah...if I have to get something other than BlackBerry it better be top of line to make it worth my while. I don't know how not to have a blackberry considering I've only used the brand for 9 years straight.

My Z10 won't work properly. Its frustrating!!!
    I was just playing the cynical guessing game since no explanation was originally given.

Yes, I'd be frustrated too if my Z10 had issues like you're describing. I'm on T-Mobile U.S.A. and have had no issues... except two random times (in 20+ days of use) where the battery on the Z10 drained really fast (down to 40% in four hours of Airplane Mode).

I'm guessing in your debugging process, you get the same slowness whether connected to cell towers or wi-fi? It just seems exceptionally weird given you've already gone through three full resets.
    12-02-13 06:36 PM
    Hey there The quiet rioter, are you doing a backup and restore with every phone you've gotten? I'm wondering if it's something in the backup file that is bringing the issue along onto every new device.

You could try doing a security wipe and then do not do any kind of restore and then set up your email accounts and see if the issue remains. The obvious downside to this is you will not have your contacts and emails and settings on the newly wiped phone. At least that would tell you if it's the backup file that's causing the problem.

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    That is a genius idea! yes, i do backup and restore each time. I have too. I conduct so much business through my phone with my record label, I cannot risk losing anything.

I'm not sure I could tolerate reprogramming all my contacts. I'd be rendered bald by the time it was all complete.

Do you think my system could have some sort of virus or something? Is that even possible?
    12-02-13 06:42 PM
89 123 ...